Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1 year old female dribbling

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LunaTuna2517, Jul 2, 2018.

1. LunaTuna2517

LunaTuna2517 PetForums Newbie

hi,

Possibly a basic one but our little 1 year old moggy appears to be dribbling today. It doesn’t smell, her teeth and mouth look fine. She’s an indoor cat so can’t have been out and eaten something she shouldn’t have. We are making sure she has plenty of cool water in this hot weather and cool places to relax.
    Overall she’s playing and active with no changes to eating habits.

Could it be the heat or high pollen at the moment? Windows have been open and we do have a lot of pollen over our way.

Many thanks for any advise in advance.

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@LunaTuna2517
    Hi.
    I am not sure. I didn't want to read and run though. I have known cats who drool a bit when very happy if being petted. If not that I would give your vet a ring just to ask what they think and if you should bring her in.

3. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Is she just dribbling little bubbles of saliva or is it a full on drool ? If the later my reaction would be to contact your vet as suggested by @Summercat above.

My Bertie dribbles little bubbles when he's happy being petted or when he's kneading one of his blankets (or my knee - ouch !).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice