Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1 year old border collie exhaustion

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sbib55, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sbib55

sbib55 PetForums Newbie

hi im worried about my 1 year old female bordercollie. she gets exhausted very qucikly chasing balls. it only takes maybe 10 minutes max before shes panting very heavily and she doesnt stop for maybe half an hour afterwards. she does this no matter what the weather even on cold days. could this be a heart condition?

2. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

There was a thread like this yesterday and a few people said to get a blood test and mention hyperthyroidism to the vet. You could try that.

3. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I'd def get her bloods done, they can see all manner of things from that and if she does have a problem it can usually be sorted with medication.

At her age she should have plenty of energy, so a trip to the vet i'd say. ;)
    Lets know how she gets on please.

4. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

I'd get her checked at the vets. My BC pup is 1 this weekend and she's full on, she runs and runs and runs, 10 minutes wouldn't wear her out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice