Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1 step forward, 15 back!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JJAK, Jun 18, 2010.

1. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

Well, this morning, took the dogs out for their usual walk,
    got home, gave them their breakfast,
    left them for the same amount of time i normally do,
    then nipped them out again so they could do their business.
    both went toilet.

came back home, started doing work, trying to sort my week next week.

and all of a sudden 'whats that smell'

my lovely dog had decided to poo ALL OVER my bed, the carpet, the hallway, the living room and to top it off, the final bit went on the balcony...where it all should of gone :mad:

Im beginning to loose hope with her i really am, it feels like we go 1 step forwards 15 back...there was no reason for her to mess is the house, shes got a well established morning routine...which she sticks to

*bangs head on desk* i sort of feel like crying!

2. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

poor old you..... have you thought about moving their breakfast before their morning walk.... just a thought

3. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

We did originally have her routine the other way round, nip her out for a wee, then breakfast then big walk.

but she wont eat before her walk.

=\

hopefully this will be a short lived problem

4. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Try her on a gluten free food? There are several makes about including Arden Grange. I once dealt with a rescue dog in a shelter who was about to be pts because she was so dirty. I changed her diet to gluten free as I had a hunch that she was allergic to wheat gluten (which was giving her Irritble Bowel Syndrome hence the frequent messing) and within a week she was homable and left the shelter permanantly instead of going out for a week, being brought back, going out again, coming back etc!:) It's worth a try!

5. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Totally agree. If there's really that much coming out of the back end, it's well worth investigating what's going in the front end! A dog on a decent food that suits it should only really be doing 1 - 2 smallish poos per day!

6. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

The dog I refer to was a medium sized crossbreed, a real little sweety actually yet her kennel would make you heave in the mornings! There would be poo all over her bed, all over the floor and her toys and even up the walls! :eek:hmy: It was such a simple solution yet no-one, not even the kennel manager, had thought of her diet!

7. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

She had a really bad tummy when we got her, so over the last 2 weeks weve swapped her onto skinners feild and trial duck and rice which made the hugest difference ever :)

then all of a sudden today its like having a 6 week old puppy again.

i understand we all have our 'off' days but to do it off the bed was a line far over stepped!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice