Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

1 minutes silence 9/6/2010

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jun 9, 2010.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

It's been a sombre day here today, huge turn outs for all the meeting points for 1 minuites silence in memory of those lost last week in Derrick Birds rampage!

Many people in tears even those not directly involved with those lost, you dont realise how strong & close knit your own community is until something bad happens, then the strength, support, determination & resilience shine through, strangers, vistors & locals standing side by side united by grief shock & sadness at the events of the last week in silence.

I cried when I heard the taxi salute at the end of the one minutes silence every taxi in Whitehaven sounding their horns!

I'm proud to be Cumbrian, it wil take time & we wont forget, but we'll move on & bounce back!

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh its so sad, cant imagine how all of cumbria must be feeling, still cant get my head around what drives some people to do something so awful, i know the problems he faced but why kill so mant innocents. Thinking of all of cumbria.

3. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

So sad :( my thoughts are with u all at this terrible time - im glad u are all pulling together as a community hugs ()))(((((xxxx

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

we are amazingly strong and i for one am very proud also to be part of this community...and could never imagine wanting to live any where else..
    couldn't make any of the local 1 minute silence meeting points but we did participate at work...

juliex

5. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Such a very sad incident. Lovely to see a community pulling together, even if it's a very tragic occasion.
    Thoughts are with all those affected

6. willa

willa PetForums VIP

So sad :( But thankful no Kids were killed xxxx

7. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

So sad. I had a tear in my eye watching it on the news. Particularly with the taxi salute at the end. All my thoughts are with everyone in the community there. ((( )))

8. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

It is/was such a tragic day :(
    I'm sure the minute's silence was felt around the whole area - and beyond.
    I've heard/read so many wonderful things about Cumbria and I'm sure it will continue to be an amazing place - shown now to be a very strong community who absolutely pull together in times of need.
    Hugs to all affected..how ever small/big. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice