Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

‪My Dogs Eating Fruits‬

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by hdhungryman, Mar 13, 2017.

1. hdhungryman

hdhungryman PetForums Newbie

Bananas are a tasty treat for dogs. They are also a good source of potassium, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, biotin and copper.

Although Gordo (the Bulldog) & Dino (the Golden Retriever) beg for bananas all the time, we give them only as treats and in moderation. :Shamefullyembarrased

#1 hdhungryman, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

That's cute.
    No offense, but if you're trying to advertise your youtube channel that's not a place to do it... You don't need numerous threads for each video. You could put them all on one page if you reaaaally want people to watch them...

Burrowzig likes this.
  3. hdhungryman

hdhungryman PetForums Newbie

Thank you. I did not know there was some rules about posting my dogs videos.

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I've moved your thread to dog photo galleries, that's the best area for the videos to be viewed.

5. leashedForLife

also - & i know this isn't tactful, but i also think it needs to be said :oops: - both dogs are carrying extra weight. :(
    Neither is morbidly obese, as in "this obesity is actually shortening their lives, & / or life-threatening" --- but their joints are & will be affected, their exercise tolerance is going to be affected, which will mean more wt-gain as they move less / get less aerobic exercise, & continue to eat the same average number of calories.
    I'd suggest U ask Ur vet whether "the pumpkin diet" is safe & apropos for both dogs; it's simple & will not leave them feeling deprived, grabbing at trash, diving into the garbage, etc.
    MEASURE all meals.
    SUBSTITUTE 1/4th to 1/3rd of the usual volume of each meal, with plain pureed pumpkin [canned pumpkin puree].
    Example, dog eats 1 cup of food at every meal [for simplicity]. Pumpkin diet - dog eats 3/4 cup of the usual food [raw, canned, dry, doesn't matter] PLUS 1/4th cup of pumpkin, total still equals 1 cup. The extra fiber bulks-up the stool & helps to keep bowels regular, as well as helps excrete the anal glands with each BM.
    The excess wt comes off steadily, the dog is not constantly hungry & doesn't beg non-stop or hunt for dropped trash.
    Added exercise is also imperative in order to lose wt, as dogs are incredibly efficient at MAINTAINING their body-wt; I've seen dogs under direct vet-care on strict diets with 50% of their former caloric intake, who didn't lose a pound, because the vet staff in the clinic did not exercise the dogs, they only took them out to potty on leash, then put them right back in the clinic cube. :(
    Additional exercise doesn't have to be hardcore or intense aerobics - pudgy dogs, just like other sedentary ppl, can't suddenly become weekend athletes without hurting themselves, U can simply increase the DISTANCE they walk daily, or pick up the speed of their pace - walking 1/4th to 1/3rd further is low-key & safe. [i-e, walking 30-mins becomes walking 40-minutes, or walking 1 mile in 45 mins becomes walk the same mile in 40-mins]. Easy steps, gradual increases in intensity & endurance. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice