Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

“Worlds largest” catio

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by 3moggies, May 15, 2019.

1. 3moggies

3moggies PetForums Junior

Sorry if this had been posted before but I think I’ve just come across the mothership of all catios! :eek:

This must be every cat owners dream haha! I believe he said in the video that it’s unfinished and still had some things to change.

However I do have some issues with the plants he has chosen, other than that, if I could I would love to do this for my cats!

Hopefully the link works

Gallifreyangirl, TriTri and ChaosCat like this.
  2. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

Wow - you could fit my whole garden in just one corner (must be at least 10 times the size of our garden) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AshJack likes this.
  3. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Seems low. That entrance out of the bedroom would annoy me. I would have a cat tunnel directly from the bedroom into the patio across rather than the odd passage

4. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Wow, the cat gets lots of freedom whilst still being safe. That is the dream ☺

5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Not many shrubs or trees though...which are things my cats love in the garden, as they attract insects.

6. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

But where are the cats? And I didn't see any hidey hole type areas either, though I did skip though it a bit. 12+ minutes is far beyond my limit lol.

He did say the plants were just planted, so haven't had time to grow and spread. It doesn't seem he's given much thought to safety though. Dangling toys are never safe. I hope all plants have been researched for toxicity.

#6 lorilu, May 16, 2019 at 1:18 AM
    Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    chillminx likes this.
  7. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

Bit disappointed no natural tree bits with bark.

But.....lucky cats.

8. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

It's just that it seems such a large area for a catio, I thought why not make it a cat-proofed garden instead, full of plants and trees and hiding places for cats. I have family in California (where this guy lives) and they have wonderful walled gardens with trees, tropical plants etc. and full of birds and insects.

AshJack and TriTri like this.
  9. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

It’s great that he has gone to such an effort for his cats. ‘Would be great to see it with cats and cat toys in, like ping pong balls and catnip mice, plus catnip plants, a few bushey larger plants that won’t need moving for a few years?
    I didn’t know cats like to do their business in sand, that’s interesting.

10. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums Senior

It looks a bit bland, but then it’s new so will always take time to naturalise... just like any garden (except on those garden tv shows that bring on huge plants & trees!). Don’t like the way it attaches to the house, but that’s personal from a view rather than from the cats’ perspective. Breaking it down to basics rather than aesthetics it has more activities than my garden (well apart from my garden having bunnies to watch, chickens to chase etc... ).

I’d love a huge garden... but I like the green grass of England.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice