Welcome to PetForums
Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.Sign Up
We are "Pet Forums Community", the UKs most popular pet community and forum platform provided via this website (petforums.co.uk and its subdomains). PetForums is the trading name of Pet Media Ltd, a registered company (Number 06696819) in England and Wales. We are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (number ZA146573
At "Pet Forums Community", we recognise that the privacy of your personal information is very important and we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Pet Media Ltd is the data controller and operator of the Pet Forums website. If you have any questions regarding this policy or our practices, you can contact us by using our contact us page or by writing to us at Pet Forums Community, Pet Media Ltd, 24 Old Queen Street, London, United Kingdom, SW1H 9HP.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect through this website includes:
- Your name or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address and other technical data
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile or contribute any content.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You fill out our contact form.
- You fill out fields on your profile (e.g. in respect of date of birth, gender, location, photograph etc.).
How your personal information is used
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site and to fulfil our terms of service.
- For the purpose of operating the forum for all registered members.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) in the operation of our business and we have made an objective assessment that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (for example to manage our relationship with you, where you ask us to provide more details about our business to you and to improve the service that we offer); or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- We may use your email address to inform you of activity on our site or to send you marketing information if you choose to agree to this.
How may your data be shared
We may need to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
- Our service providers acting as processors who provide us with IT support, IT backup, data storage, email management and system administration services. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Analytics and advertising service providers - for the purpose of analysing user behaviour.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: (see below for further information).
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Cookies are small text files which are set by us on your computer which allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as being able to log in, or remembering certain preferences.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data. We would like to deal with any concern or complaint you may have directly but you should also be aware that you have a right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office –www.ico.org.uk.