Will You Start to Purchase Dog Food Online

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by tailthatwagsthedog, Apr 21, 2017.

?

If you don't currently purchase dog food online do you expect to do so over the next 2-3 years?

Poll closed May 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. tailthatwagsthedog

tailthatwagsthedog PetForums Newbie

Another way to ask the question is if you don't currently purchase dog food online do you expect to start to purchase online over the next 2-3 years? Why or why not?

2. tailthatwagsthedog

In addition to a vote, would also be interested to hear your reasons why you haven't purchased online in the past and why you will or will not purchase online in the future - any insights will be incredibly helpful!

Happy Paws likes this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

If your not getting many responses here its because many people here shop online for food...so if you take in to account the number of users and limited responses this might be why.

Also supermarkets have upped their game somewhat recently in dog food so if people do food shopping online, if they want a fairly decent food they can just pop one in the basket with the weekly shop, and wet food is definitely improved greatly at supermarkets.

4. tailthatwagsthedog

Thanks! Why do you think online penetration of pet food in the UK at 8-10% is still lower than industries such as retail? Do you think that the shift to online is accelerating because of more options - Zooplus, Fetch, etc.? For me, there becomes less and less of a reason to go to Pets at Home, particularly given the price differential vs. online, so I am interested in others experiences.

5. welshdoglover

welshdoglover PetForums Senior

I have just started to have my dog food delivered to my home whereas previously I went to a shop. Lately, though I got fed up of carting it around so save myself the carrying of heavy packs.

6. tailthatwagsthedog

Thanks! Where were you purchasing it before? And where are you purchasing it from now?

7. danda

danda PetForums Newbie

No choice here where I live as the food my dogs have is not available anywhere so have to get it on-line

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Not quite sure of the logic here. I buy my dog food on line from pets at home.

9. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

It's far more convenient for me to order commercial dog food online and have it delivered COD to my home. I'm very particular about what I buy especially with wet food and I often end up purchasing from two or even three different pet shops in order to get the brands I want. I also feed home cooked the ingredients which I can't buy online so have to make regular trips to the hypermarket.

Having the facility to order at least some of the dogs food online saves me a lot of time and probably more importantly a lot of effort and struggling with heavy tins and sacks of kibble and is something I will continue doing whilst ever I have dogs to feed.

10. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I buy MIllie's Wolfheart online because it's the only way to get it. They don't have any retail outlets in my area and it's good food at a good price, particularly when bulk-bought. As someone who has to go to work for a living, staying in waiting for deliveries is something I'd prefer not to have to do.

11. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Does that take into account those who do their supermarket shopping online and include petfood in their order?
    I shop online for my petfood separately and specially because I can get large amounts delivered to my door at a price which suits. If Asda did the same stuff in the same quantities at the same price I'd happily add it to my supermarket shop - which I also do online.