why does my cat love nail files?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by felix&lola, Nov 10, 2009.

1. felix&lola

felix&lola PetForums Junior

Is it normal? The cat regularly steals the nail file and goes bonkers if anyone files their nails - she loves the smell.
    Anyone else have the same experience or is our cat just keen to encourage regular nail maintainence!
    :confused:

2. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Funny you should mention that...my cat loves my nail files too especially if it's straight after ive filed my nails....lol..I have no idea why though. :D

3. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Mine too! They love to chew on them, it makes me teeth go funny watching them lol

4. felix&lola

she also hides them under the rug!! :)

5. ClaireLily

ClaireLily PetForums Senior

Only one of mine has this mania. She can hear my filing or clipping my nails from wherever she is, she comes flying to me and either eats the nail clipping (finger or toe she's not bothered) and if i'm filing she has her face right in the middle trying to bite the file. I'm glad shes not the only one, wonder what it is in nail filings and clippings that are so tempting for cats?

6. lilbird

lilbird PetForums Junior

Mine all love nail files- I've lost count of the number of packs I've bought that mysteriously disappear :)
    Probably a cheap option for a cat Christmas present:p

7. felix&lola

well, its good to know it's a 'cat' thing - thought it would look a bit odd dropping her off at the cattery with a 'comfort blanket' and a couple of nail files....might think she was hatching an escape!!!
    ;):)

Attached Files:

8. Maisie&Miley

Maisie&Miley PetForums Member

:)

Miley loves these too!!! She sits and watches me file my nails in amazement!! The second i put it down.....zoom...... shes off with it!! aawwwwhhh so cute x