White substance in urine

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by tiggerthumper, May 19, 2011.

1. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

Hello, I've searched high and low and it doesn't appear that this is a common thing at all. This morning when Prince had his first wee there was a lot of white stuff swirled into it. It was smooth, not frothy or foamy or anything. He did another wee this afternoon with a little bit in it so I've managed to get a sample for the vet which I will take when they open soon.
    Prince is 9 weeks old and is on JWB complete dry puppy.
    Has anyone any idea what this might be? I'm wondering if it is protein perhaps? Or could it be a UTI?
    If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful xox

2. rona

rona Guest

I'd plump for some kind of sheath infection. Will probably be easy to sort once the vet has tested it :)

3. tiggerthumper

Thank you for your reply! We are just back from another traumatic vet visit for Prince! He has the beginnings of an infection the vet thinks, the white stuff is protein and his temp is slightly raised so he got an anti biotic injection, he squealed the place down poor thing, and a course of anti biotics.
    So hopefully that'll be him sorted now xox

4. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Poor Prince :( At least you caught it early so hopefully it will clear up quickly :)

5. tiggerthumper

Thank you, I hope so! I've been googling about protein in urine and there's a lot about diabetes, so now I'm worried! But hopefully it's just an infection even though that sounds bad lol xox

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im sure he will be fine :) Banjo used to have cloudy pee 1st thing in the mornings when he was a puppy but it was his puppy food :D still had to chase him round for a sample though :rolleyes: its even harder when they are little :lol: but at least he was'nt so suspicious of us collecting one then :D