White substance in pee

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dickybirdclocks, Apr 20, 2011.

1. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

Dog now 12 weeks old and sometimes he has some white substance in his pee - brilliant white .Mentioned it to vet today along with my concerns about hiccups several times a day and what i see as very fast breathing .Vet said all was ok but could take in a urine sample from dog if we wanted to and he would get it tested to allay any fears , I think dog should probably drink more than he does although some days he seems to drink ok and others less so . Anyone had similat experience of white pee.

2. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

only known it in females....like a mini period when hormones are sorting themselves out..... a white jelly like substance. hope it turns out to be something similar for your little chap.
    :)

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

What did the vet say about the hiccups.. Bobby suffers them.. And he does it quite loud so you know its him..

4. dickybirdclocks

Vet said hiccups to be expected as should fast breathing he even played down white in pee pretty much raising his eyebrow as though it was to be expected . I did read on the net about hiccups being a lot to do with very quick growth as well as eating related .

5. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Thats very similar to what my vet said.. But I always wonder cause he can be asleep and wake up then start hiccuping.. When he was tiny it was all the time.. Vet just said he was greedy.. :lol: which he is. :D

Is it not froth on the wee you are seeing?

6. dickybirdclocks

No not froth its like someone had come along and put small amounts of yoghurt in his pee - mostly none - sometimes a spot 10p size another time could be several 5p size spots

7. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

what breed is the pup?

8. dickybirdclocks

Rhodesian Ridgeback 14kg of pure muscle and mischief at 12 wks old

9. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Banjo's pee used to be very cloudy whiteish when he was a puppy, we were worried incase he was a stone former but it turned out to be his puppy food :rolleyes: its the high protien they need when they are young. It was only his 1st pee of the day & nothing since he went on to adult food :D

10. Balto-x

Balto-x PetForums VIP

Blooming hiccups balto has had them hourly for the last two months (7 month old Alaskan malamute) I'm a hypocondriact so I was immediately on at the OH telling him it was a heart murmor! Lol OH said no it's to do with his growth which was confirmed by my vet :D they do get less and less xxx

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Kilo still gets hiccups a lot as he wakes up...seems less drastic now than when he was little and his whole body used to jump (not that it bothered him!!).

He was hiccuping when we collected him from the breeder and hiccuped about 5 or 6 times a day until about 14 weeks old; now only does it once a day or not at all.

12. dickybirdclocks

Just wondering due to lack of reply regarding white substance in pee that is not a common occurence and maybe i should be slightly worried .Looks like i will be pee collecting and taking sample for testing .

13. Dally Banjo

Is it every pee or just his 1st one of the day :confused:

14. dickybirdclocks

not every pee - most seem normal but not great amounts other times he does a fair amount some days no white substance and some days it happens in one pee that day .Over a month probably 12 pee's have had this white yoghurt like substance within the pee would at worst cover 2 50p coins

15. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Is it only me that is thinking it might be 'Eh Erm'...you know....boy stuff....:D

16. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

lol It did cross my mind:D not sure what age they start producing that. I would get a sample checked just incase

17. Dally Banjo

I would get a sample checked just incase he has a uti get the 1st one of the day though its more pungent :tongue_smilie:

18. dickybirdclocks

Did think of the semen possibility but being a very young pup dismissed the thought ,He did start humping everything that moves a couple of weeks ago and that did take me back to what the substance could be .It just does not seem probable a pup between 8 and 10 weeks producing such substance.

19. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I had a bit of a read up on this and according to Google male dogs produce sperm as soon as their testicles are descended. Never having had a male I don't know when that is though.