Whats wrong with my Lovebirds neck?

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by BexC, May 17, 2017.

1. BexC

BexC PetForums Newbie

16508104_10211638660379570_2550507322344383820_n.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2373.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2376.jpg
    - Note I sprayed him water to get a better photo.

This Is my Lovebird 'Sam', he is 5 years old and a very mischievous and happy boy!
    I noticed he's feathers behind he's neck where looking a bit thin around February time, he also started nesting behaviour 'not sure if thats related?'
    3 months later and it just seems to be getting worse, it looks as if the blood feathers are almost similar to an ingrown hair? And they never quite grow back with out falling out or maybe being plucked?
    I dont own any other birds, he has a huge cage just to himself and spends most of the day out of his cage with me. He eats mostly 'Harrisons Adult lifetime' which he's been on for about 3 years, he eats a few veggies here and there but hates fruit!
    Also It looks a lot worse in the photo because he's wet, usually you can only see it when he bends his neck.

Has anyone seen this before? I was thinking it might be something like Polyfolliculitis?
    I would really appreciate any advice. thanks x

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Needs to be seen by a vet.

leashedForLife likes this.
  3. leashedForLife

leashedForLife PetForums VIP

impossible to say, from this remove - seconding LL, definitely vet time! :(

Lurcherlad likes this.