What's the most expensive item you ever bought for your cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by HeartofClass, Feb 18, 2012.

1. HeartofClass

HeartofClass PetForums VIP

And how much did it cost? :D

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Stud fee :eek: ;) Does that count :D
    Actual item must be their cat tree but I honestly don't remember how much I paid for it now - probably around £40 - £50. I think it was on offer at Zooplus when I bought it.

3. paul maine coon

paul maine coon PetForums Senior

thats something no one what to think about haha i got rusty a 2 seater sofa from ikea £339 ... yes i am stupid not rich! :D

4. sharon_gurney

sharon_gurney PetForums VIP

I can tell you the most expensive thing I nearly bought...

Having decided that I wanted to do more shows and that I might like to spend the whole weekend away we did look into campervans

But at £25,000 that was a luxury we could manage without, shame really as some of them are so well equiped and I would of loved to take the cats away for a few days.

I saw sense just before I went into debt for my darling pussy cats:biggrin5:

5. Cats cats cats

Cats cats cats PetForums VIP

Two sets of Purrfect fencing (one freestanding, one existing fence kit for down the driveways etc )

Cat Fence: Purrfect Cat Enclosures and Cat Fences

Cost ...... approx £1500 :D (it used to cost more than it does now ! Typical :crazy: )

Worth every penny though to keep my babies safe :) :)

6. K337

K337 PetForums VIP

Haven't gotten to it yet but it will be taking all three back to Aus with me :D

7. notsure

notsure PetForums Senior

Likewise - my two will hopefully be jetting off with us within the next 12-18 months - all depends on how long hubby's visa takes - I don't need one and the cats are easy compared to his.

8. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

So far its the cat tree (if you dont count the food that has gone to the RSPCA!!)

But my plan is for a cat run being built this summer which will definitely outprice the cat tree - I have all the plans drawn up already - poor OH :lol:

9. HeartofClass

HeartofClass PetForums VIP

How much did you pay for the stud fee, if I may ask?

10. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

I spent £50 (€60) on the chest and storage boxes to make Ari's toilet. Worth every penny, we both love it :D.

11. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

smudge's cat tree was the most expensive for me.. it was around £65 - £70

12. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I bought chloe the most precious gift of all.
    After loosing her best friend Harley to HCM. I found a little friend for her. Here he is!! Archie!
    He cost me £430 + £78 in fuel to him and get him checked over by a vet.
    He's been with us for 3 weeks now and she's playing with him, washing him and play fighting.
    It's took along while to get her to eat properly again but that happened just 2 days ago.

Attached Files:

13. tellingtails

tellingtails PetForums VIP

My Catteries,

Timber to build, Under floor heating, Internal Thermostatic Heating, Lighting, An electrician Company for three days to fit electrics etc.A plumber for the day, Grooming equipment, Pvc to line all walls, Furnishings for each individual Cat. Their own washing machine, Hoovers, Pet Carriers

Total Cost not including Cats Approx £7000 Spent would be more but I am handy with my hands so built myself apart from electrics and Plumbing :)

Attached Files:

14. thedogsmother

thedogsmother Moderator

I just bought one of these eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace , not a huge amount by a lot of peoples standards but its the most Ive ever spent on the cats in one purchase :). I cant wait for it to arrive now, they will go mad when its built up.

15. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Apart from the £1000 on new windows :D, I bought her a great Kalven cat tree for just over £60.

16. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I pay £200. Not that expensive compared to some but I am very pleased with the kittens we have from the boy I use. He is a UK Imperial Grand Champion and absolutely adorable too :001_wub:

17. Kat86

Kat86 PetForums Junior

Got sucked in to spending £59 on this 'Cat Mountain' on Zooplus Cat Mountain - Bargain Cat Toys at zooplus

along with some Bozita and other cat toys. Felt a little splurge was necessary as way of reparation for the recent neutering! Hope he likes it when it comes :confused:

Would also like a little Silver Spotted Sister for him to play with at some point, that will be the biggest pay out no doubt (if I manage to twist my bf's arm :) )

18. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I have a Kalvin cat tree too but mine cost 80 something I cannot remember as it is about 4 years old and still looks like new.

Viv xx

Just had a look on Kalvins site and it is the QBcat range and it is 41c and it is £89 x

#18 vivien, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  19. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

I bought Molly a baby brother, she was chuffed to pieces on the amount of money I spent on her :lol:

On a serious note :D The cat tree was the most expensive ..... £70.

20. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

I seem to have spent the same as everyone else, cat tree's etc, but my kitten has cost me thousands in damage goods and vet bills...:eek: does that count?????;)

yes I said thousands............ and still the cost goes up............she has to be the most expensive kitten ever................