what type of pet

Discussion in 'Spiders and Inverts' started by zach the weird one, Mar 13, 2017.

1. zach the weird one

zach the weird one PetForums Newbie

What type of tarantula should I buy I am a beginner and don't know?

2. Catharinem

Catharinem PetForums VIP

No idea, one thing I've never had. There's a section on spiders and inverts, if you go back to main menu and choose "reptiles and others" option, then spiders and inverts is a subsection. Most recent comment is Sept '16, but if you post on there will get more replies. Also, if you like or comment on spider posts the author will get a notification and will hopefully revisit the section.

3. Zaros

Zaros Pet forums Resident Evil

As far as I'm learned, the Chilean Rose is the most popular. But I suggest you first pick up a book and teach yourself all about them before actually going ahead and buying one.

4. LapisOre

LapisOre PetForums Junior

The Chilean rose hair tarantula is a great starter species. I currently own 2 tarantulas, both if which are rose hairs. They seem to be a great low-maintenance pet, you only need to feed them a maximum of 5 crickets per week and sometimes they won't eat for a month or more, usually to molt. Glad to help!

5. LapisOre

LapisOre PetForums Junior

And remember: tarantulas like their habitat to be misted once a week and although they rarely drink a water bowl is needed because they will drink if they're thirsty.