Still struggling:(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by JerryRosie2014, Dec 16, 2016.

1. JerryRosie2014

JerryRosie2014 PetForums Junior

It's 4 weeks tomorrow since I unexpectedly lost my baby Jerry and I'm still crying for him :( is this normal?? I miss him so much it hurts ;( I've never felt like this after losing a human! We had such a strong bond and he followed me absolutely everywhere I just feel
    Lost :( I still have his sister who is the sweetest cat ever but she's very independent and I just don't have that bond with her even though I love her to bits! Jerry was like a human in a cats body he was so funny,bonkers , a great big softie ( but only with me, he hissed at everyone else!) really vocal and always by my side he interacted with me and did high fives etc he was my companion :( my mum says maybe another kitten would help fill the void but I'm not sure? Has anyone found this helps? Sorry for the long post xx

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

It isn't unusual to feel so bereft - 4 weeks isn't such a long time. Some animals seem to touch your heart more than others and even though you have Jerry's sister I can understand why you still feel so sad.
    A new kitten may help - it does for some people but don't feel pressured if you aren't sure.

Calvine likes this.
  3. JerryRosie2014

I think maybe Rosie would like another companion just not sure how I feel about it, I don't think I'll ever get another like him and I'm not sure if I'd want to xx

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

There are never two the same but you may find one that steals a little piece of your heart.

JerryRosie2014 likes this.
  5. JerryRosie2014

6. sue m

sue m lucy

No four weeks is definitely not a long time to grieve. I lost my Persian cat Lucy 7 weeks and three days ago. A day has not gone by when I have not cried and felt such pain. I am dreading Christmas as I always put the tree and decorations up with Lucy jumping in the boxes so I cant bear the thought of the tree this years which is sad. My husband felt a holiday would help me to cope better but just getting back in the house has brought it all back again. I think you just need to cope in your own way. x

Calvine likes this.
  7. JerryRosie2014

I've got the tree up and cried as he used to drive me daft trying to climb it and eat the tinsel! I put snowflake stickers on the window and cried because he always used to peel them off! I don't feel even remotely Christmassy and I'd give anything to be telling him to get out of the tree xx

8. Sonybear

Sonybear PetForums Junior

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Jerry, I know exactly where you are coming from, my Star has been gone a few days now and her sister Sony is still with me and I too love her to bits, but she is a totally different cat. Independent and quite happy to be on her own, whereas Star would follow me everywhere, she was a massive personality and I feel lost without her. My office always closes over xmas and I am dreading spending so much time in the house.

It sounds like Jerry was a rascal at Christmas and gave you some real chuckles!! Please know that there is another cat owner out there who too doesn't feel at all festive and is sending you a massive hug and lots of best wishes. xxx

9. Char8607

Char8607 PetForums Member

B
    Big hugs to you I know exactly how you feel. It's not quite three weeks since we lost Cloud and I've cried everyday too. I usually love Christmas but this year I couldn't care less but then like you I have Storm who isn't Cloud but is his own little personality and he deserves a nice Christmas too.

I hope you can start to feel a bit better soon; Cloud sounds very much like Jerry in terms of a larger than life character and my constant companion and there isn't a day where I don't miss him.

I'm unable to offer advice about another cat but I hope you come to a decision in your own time, one which you're happy and comfortable with. It sounds like Jerry and his sister have a wonderful owner in you and maybe you could make another little cat happy and safe.

Xx

10. sue m

sue m lucy

I'm with all of you with not wanting Christmas to arrive. In fact it hasn't yet, no food in at all! I normally love Christmas with Lucy, putting up the tree, chasing her with the tinsel but since she passed away eight weeks ago now, god I cant believe its that long and I still cant say her name without crying, but this year will be awful. Unlike everyone on this forum I have found nobody really understands how you feel after losing a loved to bits pet. Has anyone else felt this? I went out with a close friend for coffee yesterday for the first time since Lucy died and tried to talk about Lucy (who she also knew) but she had no compassion about how I felt and in fact didn't even want to talk about my loss at all. Every day I talk to Lucy's casket and touch it every morning to say hello and every night to say goodnight, it helps a a little but I am a wreck. I now feel numb inside and still very teary. Maybe I will feel better from Christmas 2017 but this year has just been the worse and I miss Lucy every single minute of every day.

11. JerryRosie2014

No your not alone, a friend of mine talked me into going for a meal with both our sons, when I mentioned Jerry she got a bit of a glazed expression Her face, I have found the only place I can really admit how I feel is on here or two pet loss and bereavement groups I have found on Facebook, one of them is particularly fantastic they say post what and how often you like, rant,cry , write long posts over and over, share photos and videoes and you never feel like people are rolling their eyes and thinking "it's just a cat"! Untill I posted on here and and then two groups I really felt like I wasn't normal to be literally sobbing till I couldn't breath over "just a cat" , I'm crying as I write this and it's been a month for me now! I just want my big,bonkers,ginger big baby back

12. JerryRosie2014

I also talk to Jerrys ashes so you're not alone there either xxxx

13. Char8607

Char8607 PetForums Member

I do the same with Cloud.....Storm seems particularly lonely today although my mum was here most of the day, and that just makes me miss Cloud all the more knowing how sad Storm is and there being nothing I can do.

Stay strong ladies xx