Staffy's in rescue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jan 28, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I know there has been alot on this topic recently, and I was just looking at the sspca's website... I have just calculated:

Out of the 69 dogs available for rehoming...

29 of these are staffies, leaving 40.

Out of this 40, 16 are crossbreeds... 9 of which are staffy x

So out of 69 dogs, 38 are staff or staff x! And 31 are something else.

That is sad that the rescue is more than half staffies And that is only the sspca! :(:(

x

2. It is very sad.

It's the same with my local rescue...

They only have 13 strays in at the minute, but 6 of them are Staffys and Staffys crosses :(

3. Lily's Mum

Lily's Mum Banned

Aww that is soo sad. They are such sweet lovely dogs too.

Before I got Lily - we were looking for a rescue dog. We went to Wood Green Animal Shelter and there was the most beautiful Staffy there - brindle and ever so waggy and happy to see us. We would have re homed it but they said he could only go to homes with children over the age of 5... what a shame

4. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

both my dogs are rescues 1 is a staffie who i have had for a year, from what i can work out she is about 7 years or more now, took her straight to vets from rescue centre and was told she was in such a bad state she would have died within a few days if she had stayed in there, i wouldnt change her for the world, she is a total bull in a china shop but also so loving:D, ju

5. johnsmith

johnsmith PetForums Newbie

:001_huh: what a pity

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

This is a charity I support alot. They are involved with getting dogs from the pound into rescue...the list speaks for itself!! This is just one pound in one county.:frown2:

RDR Forum -> Poundies - 21.01.09

7. Very depressing reading - and as per the last post - re: rochdale - many of these dogs are so young.

I do wish people would put more thought in prior to taking on a dog.

8. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I know it's heartbreaking isn't it. My staffy x jrt Cooper came via them he was taken to the pound after a road accident and amazingly was chipped, they rang his owners and they said 'oh just put it down, it keeps getting out and we can't be bothered'. :eek:: Luckily the rescue could be bothered and I got myself a fab little dog who funnily enough never tries to escape!!

9. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Very sad state of affairs :(

We donate to SBT rescue when we can.
    It's like hitting your head off a wall,so many are still been bred with no care or thought and this is where there ending up through no fault of there own.

SBT Rescue have take in more younger dogs recently,some as young as 4/5 months old and they had a litter and there Mum in.

So sad. :(

10. StaffieMad

StaffieMad PetForums Member

its horrible, almost every kennel has a staff or staff x in it. im so glad i rescued my girl :)