SPayed female in with 2 males

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by TKK, Feb 19, 2012.

1. TKK

TKK PetForums Junior

I have a had a female that was a rescue I went to vet and she had to be spayed for health reasons, she has one male off spring and dad still with her in the smae cage. She is fully recovered, can the son father and mother (also another son in cage next to her) be kept in the same cage together or will they fight, tehy currnely all get on well? should I keep mum and dad together and put to boys in seperate, advice please? Would the males still fight eventually an see her as female?

2. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

She should be fine with the males. As she has been spayed she won't smell like an intact female so the males shouldn't fight over her.

3. TKK

TKK PetForums Junior

That's great:)
    She will be haapy she cuddles with both of them And I'll do anything to keep them happy one big happy family:biggrin5:

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

actually with chinchillas chances are they may still fight over her.

if i were you i would try it, but be VERY vigilant and keep a very close eye on them, as they are a family unit it may work, or it might not, its all down to the temperament of the males in question really

5. TKK

TKK PetForums Junior

:D I have been keeping a very close eye, baby is 16 weeks they all seem happy, thank you for your advice, father son & mum still all sleep together, mum rules the roost. If there is any sign of aggression I will seperate them and I have another male I could possibly bond him with:)

#5 TKK, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  6. TKK

TKK PetForums Junior

I sucessfully bonded baby with another male chin and he still see's he dad for playtime, but he kept away from mum he gets excited around her and dad doesn't like it!