Skinners V Arden Grange

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by GoldenRetrieverman, Sep 10, 2012.

1. GoldenRetrieverman

GoldenRetrieverman PetForums VIP

Salmon and potato:-
    Salmon (includes 36.5%; 24% Salmon & 12.5% Salmon Meal), Potato (26%), Oats, Maize, Sugar Beet Pulp, Poultry Fat, Salmon Digest, Minerals, Salmon Oil, Vitamins

Duck and potato:-
    Potato (26%), Duck Meal (26%), Peas, Sugar Beet Pulp, Poultry Fat, Brewers Yeast, Linseed, Chicken Hydrolysate, Minerals,Vitamins

2. Soykapitan

Soykapitan PetForums Newbie

Just type fittlifepetfood.com. Maybe adding an 's' at the end. Easy mistake to make.

3. Soykapitan

Just type fittlifepetfood.com. Maybe adding an 's' at the end. Easy mistake to make.

4. GoldenRetrieverman

Buy Skinners field and trial, its better and cheaper ;)

5. Soykapitan

Much easier to order. Also for getting more info on the food you're interested in.

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

It's quite good food. :D Golden Acres make for some well known brands and I was told that the ingredients for their "shops own brand" kibble comes from the same silos.

You can get it from GJW Titmuss, Petzplaza, Working HPRS, Burnhills and more. Some do free delivery and you may find more info on one of these sites:D

(Try this http://fittlifepetfood.com/prestashop/)

#26 Mum2Heidi, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  7. Soykapitan

If you type fittlifepetfood.com you should get onto the page. It's an easy mistake, but many people add an 's' (fittlifepetfoods.com)

8. Soykapitan

Fittlife still doing 15kg bags. Actually works out cheaper per kilogram on many of the different flavours once delivery is taken into account.

9. AlbertRoss

AlbertRoss PetForums VIP

Forgot to say - the Skinner's Salmon and Rice is a great substitute for Royal Canin Vet 'Sensitivity'. Almost identical make up and about 1/2 the price.

10. Soykapitan

You know your stuff. You've obviously done a lot of research into dogfoods. It's quite shocking to see what many of the well advertised brands actually do put into the mix. I tell anyone who's willing to listen they should spend some time lookng into what they feed their dogs. Some do, some don't. Personally I always add tuna to Dexters teatime meal. Not because he needs it, the food I give him has everything he needs to keep him healthy. It's just to give him some variety and added taste. Anyway I have a perfect, handsome, intelligent and very content 4 year old Golden Lab (Not biased) who's part of the family.

11. Howldaloom

Howldaloom Guest

12. Soykapitan

Not a lot in it. But 'fittlifepetfood.com' still working out cheaper. I phone to make an order. Quicker and more convenient, Very helpful and happy to chat.
    However personal preference I suppose.

13. GoldenRetrieverman

I have decided to stick with Arden Grange and try the lamb flavour. The smaller bags are cheaper so it isn't much dearer. Don't see the point in swapping brands when she does so well on it. It is Medadione vitamin k3 free too unlike a lot of other foods.

14. TEQUILA DIVA

TEQUILA DIVA PetForums Newbie

hi all

i would just like to thank you all for the info on the dry dog food i was feeding my dog perina beta until i found and read the forums today

as my dog has been off her food for a couple of days

so i have just ordered AG lamb and rice

thanks for the useful info :)

15. GoldenRetrieverman

Was this thread the reason for your change? You will probably find you have to feed less of the Arden Grange too which means less to pick up off the grass :D