Sighthound Collars/Coats

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by xxsarahpopsxx, Apr 28, 2012.

1. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

Evening all :D

It is Indies birthday in about a month and as we have just got her, I want to splash out and buy her some new clobber. Does anyone have any links to a good website that sells different collars and coats that would be suitable for a Saluki. Have already looked on the GRWE website and they have a few I like although want to have a wee scout around and find something that i really like.

Also someone with sighthound knowledge, i am looking for a winter coat for Indie. What type of coat is best.I have a fleece and a lightweight coat for her which will obviously do her for just now but want to be prepared in case we get any more snow :yikes:

Thanks mucho :p

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hi i have a Outhwaite coat for my Lurcher, they are great coats they keep them dry when out in the rain and warm in the cold weather and the dogs dont sweat in them, my Lurcher can still run like a rocket with his on,

3. WhippetyAmey

WhippetyAmey PetForums VIP

Try Collars R Us, they always look quite nice...

We got a coat from out pet store but they had ones especially for sighthounds... I can't remember what make it was but I'll check later!

4. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Ooooh, I can't remember where they were from but there are some lovely coats out there which have fleece and a borad chest peice which offer more protection from extreme cold.

ETA: FOUND IT! :D http://www.kitschcollars.com/ready_to_wear_coats.htm

I love these coats! ^.^

Sid&Kira makes good, beautiful collars, Ive found them to be strong and she has some really lovely ribbons, and if you ask very nicely she does thicker webbing sizes more suitable to sigthounds neck!

If you've got some real money Silver Peacock - is gorgeous.

I love my collar from dog o' nine tails, it is stunning and she has some really luxurious ribbon- Ambams is red and white roses with a satin lining. http://www.facebook.com/#!/DogONineTailsStore

Also, for really epecial one off handmade coats, Jenn does amazing things with knitting! I'm saving up my pennies to get the Dingbats some coats from her :) Welcome to Facebook

#4 AmberNero, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We've had both collars and coats from collars r us.

6. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

I got my walking out coat for Joey from GREYHOUND COATS 2U - Walking Out Coats

Not sure how sizes etc will do for Indie. But the prices are good, the coat I got for £12.50 is double the price everywhere else.

7. Redice

Redice PetForums Senior

8. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

9. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

10. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

11. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I love the tapering as Kilo is really broad chested so 'normal' coats that fit across the chest then have a huge excess of material around his 'waist' which also means the coat flaps around and blows up at the back. The Ann Rees one fits really snuggly over the hips and base of tail so stays put. I have the lined one which is so thick it's like a sleeping bag strapped on but is fantastic!!

12. xxsarahpopsxx

Thanks all, will have a look at these and decide from there. I have seen some really pretty colars already that i may just have to write onto a piece of paper, put in a hat and make a draw from there as I just cant decide what one to get her :p

13. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

Kitsch Collars are my favourite, I have several coats and collars from Dolly and they are amazing!!! Strong and lovely designs.
    http://www.kitschcollars.com/

Silver Peacock is also good, I have 3 of their collars, or maybe its 4, anyway they have lovely designs. However I find they aren't as strong or as good quality as Kitsch, and I wouldn't buy any of their collars again. Their leads are great though, I love them.

14. xxsarahpopsxx

Ok I think i have decided between 2 coats but cant decide which one.

Greyhound Rescue West of England Dog Coats

I have it between the top coat, or the 3rd last one. I just cant decide, yet cant afford to get both :cryin::crying: what do you all think. (Although am also going to buy her the heat reflecting coat as well :-D )

Now to decide on which collar :D

15. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

The tartan one is really cool.

16. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

The blizzard coat is the one I have off the link I posted. Half the price of GRWE. It's only available in black and red though.

17. xxsarahpopsxx

How did i miss that. now the question is do i buy that one, or go with the one of GRWE (purely because i can get it in cerise pink :eek: :D )

18. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

That is the question. :)
    Also via GRWE you are helping a rescue (though it is a big difference in price).

Elsewhere is around the same price as GRWE, but if you want to search via google for a cheaper cerise pink the coat is a Saint Roch Blizzard Coat.