scrambled eggs

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lynell, Oct 2, 2008.

1. lynell

lynell PetForums Newbie

is it right you can give kittens scrambled eggs to stop loose poos ??:

2. FluffyCoonz

FluffyCoonz Guest

I would say you can give it alongside other measures ie pro-kolin, canacur etc.

However, the best thing is boiled chicken or white fish with rice. Are there any other symptoms? Have you seen a vet at all?

Louise
    X

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I have given scambled egss it does firm them up. I have also given white fish which is good to.

4. Selk67U2

Selk67U2 PetForums VIP

Hi & welcome. I would say the same as fluffy and sullivan:) But if it's a continuos problem, best to see your vet too:)

5. lynell

lynell PetForums Newbie

Thanks to all who replyed so far,,,there are no other symptons at all they're fine in themselves running riot as kittens do

6. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Sorry got the impression it was just one kitty if its the whloe litter with loose bowels you may have to look at the current food there on. Keep an eye just incase its a bug or some thing have they all been wormed.

7. Selk67U2

Selk67U2 PetForums VIP

I did'nt realise it was more than 1 either, lol. Is it a litter you have bred yourself, or some kittens you've just got ?

8. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Thinking the same thoughts i think. Meant to ask whats your cats name in your picture. (paw in air shot )

9. lynell

lynell PetForums Newbie

Hi i have 2 kittens,one is ok,,can u tell me what Pro-Kolin & Cancur is pls

10. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I was told once, that the egg yolk from a boiled egg (not white) binds them up and the yolk of raw egg to do the opposite.

My lot have scrambled egg made with goats yoghurt every morning, and love it.

11. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

i might try mine with a bit of scrambled egg as a treat! will it give them the trumps though.lol:p

12. audrey1824

audrey1824 PetForums Senior

A little bit of raw minced steak will stop runny poo's.

13. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

aaaw that is dedication.

14. ErbslinTrouble

has anyone else heard this?
    Raw Eggs -Contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. If fed frequently to cats.

:confused:

Rraa likes this.
  15. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

but ok as an ocasional treat surely:)

16. ErbslinTrouble

yeah i would have thought so. i did find this on a page that also had these, some of them seem relevant but the bone and raw fish one puzzles me doesn't specify cooked bones or what sort of fish. :confused:

Items to avoid Reasons to avoid
    Alcoholic beverages Can cause intoxication, coma, and death.

Baby food Can contain onion powder, which can be toxic to cats. (Please see onion below.) Can also result in nutritional deficiencies, if fed in large amounts.

Bones from fish, poultry, or other meat sources Can cause obstruction or laceration of the digestive system.

Canned tuna (for human consumption) Large amounts can cause malnutrition, since it lacks proper levels of vitamins and minerals.

Chocolate, coffee, tea, and other caffeine Contain caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline, which can be toxic and affect the heart and nervous system.

Citrus oil extracts Can cause vomiting.

Dog food If accidental ingestion, will not cause a problem; if fed repeatedly, may result in malnutrition and diseases affecting the heart.

Fat trimmings Can cause pancreatitis.

Grapes and raisins Contain an unknown toxin, which can damage the kidneys.

Human vitamin supplements containing iron Can damage the lining of the digestive system and be toxic to the other organs including the liver and kidneys.

Large amounts of liver Can cause Vitamin A toxicity, which affects muscles and bones.

Macadamia nuts Contain an unknown toxin, which can affect the digestive and nervous systems and muscle.

Marijuana Can depress the nervous system, cause vomiting, and changes in the heart rate.

Milk and other dairy products Some adult cats and dogs do not have sufficient amounts of the enzyme lactase, which breaks down the lactose in milk. This can result in diarrhea. Lactose-free milk products are available for cats.

Moldy or spoiled food, garbage Can contain multiple toxins causing vomiting and diarrhea and can also affect other organs.

Mushrooms Can contain toxins, which may affect multiple systems in the body, cause shock, and result in death.

Onions and garlic (raw, cooked, or powder) Contain sulfoxides and disulfides, which can damage red blood cells and cause anemia. Cats are more susceptible than dogs. Garlic is less toxic than onions.

Persimmons Seeds can cause intestinal obstruction and enteritis.

Potato, rhubarb, and tomato leaves; potato and tomato stems Contain oxalates, which can affect the digestive, nervous, and urinary systems. This is more of a problem in livestock.

Raw eggs Contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.

Raw fish Can result in a thiamine (a B vitamin) deficiency leading to loss of appetite, seizures, and in severe cases, death. More common if raw fish is fed regularly.

Salt If eaten in large quantities it may lead to electrolyte imbalances.
    String Can become trapped in the digestive system; called a "string foreign body."

Sugary foods Can lead to obesity, dental problems, and possibly diabetes mellitus.

Table scraps (in large amounts) Table scraps are not nutritionally balanced. They should never be more than 10% of the diet. Fat should be trimmed from meat; bones should not be fed.

Tobacco Contains nicotine, which affects the digestive and nervous systems. Can result in rapid heart beat, collapse, coma, and death.

Yeast dough Can expand and produce gas in the digestive system, causing pain and possible rupture of the stomach or intestines.

17. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Avidin is contained in the white of a raw egg, which is why it is advised not to give raw egg white to cats. The yolk is fine and an excellent source of nutrients. I give my queens raw egg yolk and evap after they have just given birth for energy. I have seen raw meat recipes for cats with the addition of raw yolks as well.

Rraa likes this.
  18. Rraa

Rraa PetForums VIP

My girl Kiki likes scrambled eggs - normally I cook it softly but I shall see if its possible to separate the yolk and give that to her instead of the way she likes it - ie to dive in, lapping the egg as I am trying to whisk it ... :eek::D

Very informative thread :D

19. ErbslinTrouble

ah! cheers for that i was gonna look it up later. beat me to it! :p

20. PussyCatNan

PussyCatNan PetForums Member

The bone 1 concerns me as have been giving Taz a chicken drumstick and he has been enjoying gnawing on the bone too.

Taz is a gutted though as after reading that I've taken his glasss of red wine and cigarette off him :D