Royal Canin Vs James Wellbeloved

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Miss Snowshoe, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Miss Snowshoe

Miss Snowshoe PetForums Member

Hi Guys.. Was just wondering which brand you think is best?? or if anyone knows which is actually the healthiest i would really like to know ??

2. pugsley Adams

pugsley Adams Banned

It would all depend upon the age and if active or not. I use a vet brand that can only be bought from my vet. It also wasn't on the recall list when pets were dying, it doesn't use any of the ingredients that were part of the core!:D

3. Miss Snowshoe

Well ther all indoor cats. one is 1 year old.. the other two are 6 and 3 month ??

4. LousKoonz

LousKoonz PetForums VIP

JW is better imho x

I won't feed RC in this house anymore, i have found it causes coat and skin problems (in 4 of mine and totally unrelated cats/bloodlines)

I feed JW and holistic biscuit ( but thats more expensive) and find it causes no problems xx

5. Miss Snowshoe

Aaaw that's not right is it !! well my two youngest are already on JW but alot of people have told me RC is better ??!! my eldest boy Leo won't eat JW for some strange reason ??? He's on iams (i know it's not as good but he's had it since he was a kitten and doesnt seem to like anything else??? :confused: )...

6. AdamB

AdamB PetForums Junior

I got some Orijen from Zooplus and that stuff is super natural and healthy!

7. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

orijen gave my cats terrible diareahh:(

8. kozykatz

kozykatz PetForums VIP

RC & JWB both contain grains (wheat, corn or both) so they are not appropriate diets for a cat. Orijen does have a higher meat content but it is also high in carbohydrates (not from grains but from potato) so again it's not really an ideal diet for cats.

A mainly wet food diet, or a raw diet, is preferable.

9. Cats Slave

Cats Slave PetForums Member

RC gave one of mine skin problems as well, on the odd occasion I feed dry I use either the duck or lamb JWB kitten.

10. Coraline

Coraline PetForums Member

Agree with Kozykats here; they're both equally inappropriate in terms of nutrition for a cat.

If you HAVE to feed dry, Orijen or Applaws dry are the least inappropriate.

If you can, try feeding wet instead. Cats really don't need dry food at all, it's just convenient for us humans.

HiLife is a good wet food that's available from many grocery and pet shops. They come in pouches, 1 pouch = 1 meal.