RIP Socks :(

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Bakerboy3685, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Bakerboy3685

Bakerboy3685 PetForums Junior

First of all just want to say thanks to everyone who replies on these forums it was so helpful when my 2 cats were both very ill over a month ago. Both came through it but after that we have been rocked today as our poor cat Socks died in the early hours of this morning.

She was rushed to the emergency vet last night struggling to breathe having been showing flu type symptons on Thursday. They found lots of fluid on her lungs and I was hoping the drugs they put her on straight away would make her better but she never pulled through :(.

It's so sad she was only 4 years old and feel like she never got a full life. I feel very sad and upset but I'm more worried about my girlfriend as she has been crying all day and doesn't want to eat or anything. It's going to take a while to get used to, just hope it gets easier soon.

Attached Files:

2. Sophie17

Sophie17 PetForums Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Socks.

3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear this. RIP Socks. Look after each other.

4. sue m

sue m lucy

Hi, sorry to hear about your poor Socks. I agree with your comments about the lovely replies you get from this forum. We lost our lovely Lucy, longhaired Persian cat five weeks ago. She died in recovery at the vets having just come out of the sedation she had for megacolon. They had to manually clear her out. We were waiting for the phone call to collect her and got the phone call from hell instead. They tried very hard to save her but although they got her heart beating again she was brain dead. I understand the worry of your girlfriend as I have not had one day when I have not cried in five weeks. The wonderful comments I have had on this forum have really helped and I guess it will take time for all of us who lose our wonderful pets. R.I.P. Socks. x

5. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip *that 2016 feeling

So sorry. Poor Socks.Hugs.