UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Rehoming a degu feeling sad for degu :(

652 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Charlotte butterworth 
#1 ·
basically I had to look after my colleges degu (I study animal care so there are lots of animals there ) and in college no one handled her and as her tankmate died I felt sad and took her home for the holidays . I expected the degu to be wild but she was so loving and every time she sees me walk by her cage she tries to get my attention and whenever I pick her up she makes happy noises (like water dropping and squeaking ) and she loves to sleep on me and play in my bathroom! when she goes back will have some new cage mates , which I am over the moon about !! But I will probably only get to see her for one hour a week . And she will stay in her cage all of the time in a noisy room and barley get handled with no playtime.
Has anyone else had something similar? Do you know if rodents will be sad if they don't get to see people as much ?
I know this sounds stupid but I have such a bond with her and it makes me sad :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.