recommended courses for dog walkers and pet sitters?

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Amanda Woolham, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Amanda Woolham

Amanda Woolham PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have any recommendations please for good courses? Has anyone done a dog walking diploma? Was it worth it?

2. Simon.

Simon. PetForums Newbie

Hi Amanda,

We did the dog and cat first aid courses online which is definitely worth doing, even just for the practical advice and just in case something should happen.
    We used a online trainer called ncfe dot org dot uk (sorry can't put proper link for some reason)

Really helpful and easy to contact if you have any questions. You can do the course at your own pace, which is great! When we were setting up we were always busy!

Always happy to help!

Simon

Amanda Woolham likes this.
  3. amberferne

amberferne PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I was going to ask the same question, I'm looking at starting my own dog walking/sitting business and want to do some courses to help me understand it better but there seems to be hundreds of different sites offering online courses and I don't know mid some are more reputable than others... please help?

Amber

4. Simon.

Simon. PetForums Newbie

Hi Amber,

I can only definitely vouch for the course I mentioned before I took through ncfe.org.uk, they are a big nationwide trainer.

I took the Animal care level 2 and dog & car first aid with them and received certificates after the course was completed, they are nationally recognised qualifications.

I'm also a member of NARPSUK who provide a variety of courses which are also nationally recognised and are the biggest the national organisation specifically for dog walkers and pet sitters.

I do agree you have to be abit careful due to the amount of scammers online nowadays - It's just a sad fact that some people are like that.

Ive got a couple of posts on my blog at petbusinessland.co.uk that may help you (writing more as we speak!)

Always happy to help.

Simon

5. Simon.

Simon. PetForums Newbie

Sorry that should of been dog & cat first aid not dog & car!!