Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by tashi, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Albatross

Albatross PetForums Junior

Thanks so much. Yes, I would ask the vet to come to our home.

2. zoey hughes

zoey hughes PetForums Newbie

hope zaras there x

3. littlelilly

littlelilly PetForums Newbie

I saw my little girl cross the bridge, her brother and their friend was waiting for her but, she looked so sad.

4. amandagreen

amandagreen PetForums Junior

This thread makes me cry :(

5. PhilC4

PhilC4 PetForums Newbie

We lost a kitty about 19 months ago. May our little gray baby rest in paradise.

6. Miceandmore64

Miceandmore64 PetForums Member

Run free
    Whilsher, Aj and your two sisters. Run free Avalyn and your 8 siblings. Run free those of Manukas baby's who passed. Run free Stuart, Jasper and Reyno. Run free Millie, Mayzie and Lphread. Run free Nova and Milo.
    Trust me just wait untill I see you guys I will bring lots of treats.
    Xxxx

7. Waterfall1

Waterfall1 PetForums Newbie

What a beautiful thread

8. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Soon be 13 years since our girl of 12 years passed away, making it 25 years since the wife came home with a "collie/alsation" cross, ha!....we still laugh about that, she had 1 (accidental) litter of 7, 1 didnt make it, so its JUST possible one or more of her pups are now old dogs with maybe litters of their own...

9. steviebabes

steviebabes PetForums Newbie

My Rottweiler, Baby, left me at 11am on Sunday 20 July. We had spotted a lump on his leg on 8 June (his 7th birthday) and the vet diagnosed a very aggressive cancer.

He lost a shocking amount of weight through being off his food, dropping from a majestic 60kg to 48kg. I decided to leave aside any notion of a balanced diet and instead try to stuff him with calories. Peanut butter, human baby food, gravy, cheese, but he didn't fancy any of them. I found an internet blog post that said if your dog has cancer anorexia then keep trying to feed and never stop so I tried three brands of sausages and he accepted one of them. One day I got about a dozen sausages in him. That was a happy day for me as they were 75 calories each! Other days he would accept a little thin cut steak, or reject the steak but accept some liver. I offered him fried egg, and sometimes he'd feel able to eat all the runny yolk, leaving the white. If he didn't fancy something initially, I'd try again an hour later and he'd often accept. That blog post was right, keep offering heaps of choice and never stop. I wasn't winning, but I was squeezing out a few more days.

Typical of his no-fuss nature, he went into the garden and slipped away by himself. I'd been with him all morning, and had just popped indoors for ten minutes to phone the vet to see if she might come over that afternoon to check on him. I was actually very lucky - she was busy and couldn't come over until nearly 4pm. So I was able to sit with him for a few hours, stroking his huge teddy bear head, just us quietly together, and have an unhurried goodbye.

Attached Files:

#109 steviebabes, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  10. Roger Downes

Roger Downes PetForums VIP

Very sorry for your loss, at only seven Baby was taken far to early. RIP Baby.

11. Ginmog

Ginmog PetForums Junior

Have only recently heard about the rainbow bridge...it gave me comfort when our lovely Moggit died. Cried reading though...

12. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

What am I gonna do when ours start to leave us?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ThumperThomas

ThumperThomas PetForums Junior

Going to miss this little lady more than anything in the World - she was totally amazing and has left a massive gap in our lives x RIP our little Thump Thump forever in our hearts x

Attached Files:

#113 ThumperThomas, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  14. Candysdad

Candysdad PetForums Newbie

I hope and pray my little girl is now there. Waiting for all her family to come and be with her again, this time forever. Candy passed on 1st October 2014. Stay safe and warm baby.

Attached Files:

15. Couger

Couger PetForums Newbie

I had a cat called Socks:( He was driven over:cryin: he was so sweet he used to hug you:smile:

16. MydarlingPoppy

MydarlingPoppy Poppy & Harvey xx

My dearest, darling Poppy, I hope you have found lots of friends at Rainbow Bridge. We miss you so very much and can't believe we won't see your beautiful, bright little face everyday. We love you with all our hearts and knowing we will be with you again one day helps with the terrible pain we are suffering now. Love you my darling girl, mummy, daddy and Harvey. Xxxxxxxx

#116 MydarlingPoppy, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  17. MydarlingPoppy

MydarlingPoppy Poppy & Harvey xx

My darling, sweet boy Harvey. It is so very painful to be posting this only days after your beautiful, darling sister Poppy passed away. Words cannot express our sorrow and pain. We loved you with all our hearts. I know you're with Poppy at the Bridge and looking after each other and having fun. We will love you forever. Mummy and daddy. Xxx xxx

18. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Tiggy, Rosco, Dylan, Oscar and Maddy - please do me a favour up there at Rainbow Bridge. There is a special pair of new arrivals, Poppy and Harvey. Please take them under your wing and enjoy the sunshine and butterflies together. Keep eachother company until we all meet again and make sure Poppy and Harvey know their mummy and daddy hold them in their hearts forever. As do I you guys.
    Much love xxxx

19. redlove

redlove PetForums Newbie

I lost my best friend 17 months ago after a very short illness and my heart still breaks today. A friend sent me this poem and it gave me hope that i will see my bubble of love again and he will be waiting for me. I love and miss him every single minute of each day.. My Harvey

Attached Files:

20. Sally sith

Sally sith PetForums Newbie

Sadly my adorable cat Gypsy was put to sleep last night 9th February 2017 at 18 years old. Hopefully your at peace now. It was a tough decision but I know your not in pain. I'm Heartbroken but I will treasure our time together. Have fun up their with your pal beauty. Love you always princess xx DSC_0029.JPG