Non dusty litter?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Aud's_Mum, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

Can anyone reccomend a good cat litter that isnt dusty??

Poor Audreys nose isnt any better and i'm wondering if a less messy litter will help?

Thank you xx

2. twinkles

twinkles PetForums Member

3. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

I use litter pearls, one of my cats always rolls in his litter when its fresh, this is one of the best ive found for lack of dust,

4. raggs

raggs Moderator

YES, the one we use is called " Yesterdays news ". as the name suggests its made from recycled newspaper and its in a pellet form, this is my recommendation but there are lots of others on the market that are very good too. good luck............Chris

5. LousKoonz

LousKoonz PetForums VIP

The world's best is what i've ended up using as a couple of mine suffer from the dust off alot of litters xx

but yesterdays news isn't dusty either and there's a fair few others too xx

just look for things not clay based or some silica ones are dusty too so something like whats been mentioned so far hun would maybe help xx

6. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

We use Beautiful Cat woodpellets litter,it's recyclable and funky fresh even when they do a turd or a wee it smells like woodpine,it's non dusty and doesn't track:)However not all cats/kitts like the feel of it on their paws(even the smaller pellets) so with our more fussy kitts we do it gradual with one they do like:)

7. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

I've read some reviews of this on petplanet and a few people have said it is really dusty?? :confused:

8. rottiesloveragdolls

All my cats use this and i bring up all my kittens with it as well, its very good stuff :D

9. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

My vet recommended woodpellets because some kittens eat the tiny stones of normal cat litter which can be harmful.

I didn't know that.

Sue

10. alineko

alineko PetForums Newbie

Does wood based litter (pellets) really eliminate smells?? I thought that you need clumping litter to soak and dry everything up including the poos so that it doesn't smell... :confused:
    I've never tried wood or paper based litter (obviously ;) )
    I find that the clay based clumping litter itself doesn't smell very nice...