New members please read

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Clare7435, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cazcaz

cazcaz PetForums Newbie

Hi my name is caz i have 2 yorkshire terriers one female aged nearly 4 one male aged 16 he 90 per cent deaf and i think his eye site i'sent that good he has been driving me mad mostly in the evening as he has me up most of the night i am so weary with lack of sleep the vet just keeps telling me its his age and its something i'm just going to have to get used too but i am so tired all the time and i am starting to feel ill i am hoping that someone on here can give me some advice thanks caz

2. SuziTigger

SuziTigger PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, what a lovely site so glad I found it. I am hoping to find someway of buying Advocate for cats without having to put in a prescription and I am sure there will be some response to this once I figure out how to get around everything. I have put a few pictures up of my cat Maomao and my brothers cat Crystal. I work for the RSPCA and have many animals that I look after while people are away or whatever so will get as many pictures as possible on here.:D

3. PollyAnna34

PollyAnna34 PetForums Newbie

Hi All, Thanks for the welcome!
    I'm dog person with a cat. :) As I grew up our family always had one or two dogs, never a single cat though. Then when we moved to the UK, we brought our little French Bulldog with us, finding out the hard way what it is like to rent a house with a pet in the UK. Our Frenchie passed away few years ago and we moved around quite a lot, so it was easier without a pet. Since we settled down, we started feeling the emptiness and the feeling of missing out on something important, not having a furry pet to share our life with. So last Christmas we adopted our very first cat! She is a 10year-old, DSH cat. We love her to bits, but she is still a mystery for us. I'm sure I'll post lots of questions... Hope you'll be able to help me :)

4. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Hi i am a new member and have already found some good advice on the forum,
    I have 8 cats of various breeds ,some quite elderly and and will probably need some advice on them at some point
    I have Ragdolls and bengals,
    I have grown up children,and quite a few grand children plus a couple of great grandchildren,
    I have had cats all my life and a couple of dogs in the past
    I hate all the cruelty going on,and i believe children from an early age ,should be taught in schools how to care and have respect for animals

5. Cappuccino

Cappuccino PetForums Junior

Hi

I'm new here, but not new to the internet.

I've been a pet owner most of my life, and currently have a horse, and 10 days ago picked up a stray (possibly feral) kitten. She's very poorly, so I'm hoping to get some advise on the best course of action to take with her

cheers!

6. amaris

amaris PetForums Newbie

hi there just got a brand new cat today he comes from a single man and is not too happy with me and my son as his new owners any ideas?

7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Moderator
    Staff Member

I am moving your post to cat health as no one is going to see it in this section. I am sorry to hear about your cat, but you will get more support in the right place.

8. elaineabel

elaineabel PetForums Newbie

Hi All
    Thought I would just say hello to everyone

9. Wirehaired Darcy

Wirehaired Darcy PetForums Newbie

Morning all, I am Libby, with my standard wire-haired dachshund Mr Darcy.
    I have always been an owner of Labradors, but I am now no longer able to do the long walks they need. So hubby suggested Dachshunds, he had always had them as family pets. I was horrified at first, thinking 'miniature' but when I realized you could get standard ones, then wiry ones, I got quite excited. Anyway, it was all meant to be, as I phoned a local breeder, to see about availability. She had 2 available (bad breeding, dad caught daughter) but as I was never going to show or breed it didn't matter.
    So in a nutshell I am owned by a gorgeous doglet whom I love and adore, with 1 or 2 nasty habits which is why I found this forum, for help.
    Looking forward to meeting you

10. hendrixnewf

hendrixnewf PetForums Newbie

Hi, I joined the forum today, hello to everyone. I own a 3 year old Newfoundland and he is the centre of my world LoL. Looking forward to chatting to other large breed owners here:)

11. Kar23

Kar23 PetForums Newbie

Hi all

I'm Karen, I live with 2 Finnish Lapphunds, Rufus is seven, Isla is three and we also live with 3 Alpacas.

I am interested in obedience, agility, heel work to music and breed showing. I do a bit of instructing too. A friend recommended your forum:) so I joined. Happy to chat about most things canine!

12. geraldbharris

geraldbharris PetForums Newbie

hi guys! i have joined this forum to buy racing dogs. and i hope it will be helpful for me to get my purpose.

13. Yuppypuppy

Yuppypuppy PetForums Newbie

Hi there....thanks for the welcome:)

Looking forward to posting about my little shih tzu pup cos I know I'm gona need some guidance and advice:thumbsup:

14. Cucciolo

Cucciolo PetForums Newbie

Hi - I'm an animal geneticist and I'm in the process of launching a new DNA testing laboratory in Cambridge. I shall be providing DNA testing for inherited diseases in dogs and horses, and also will provide parentage verification testing for dogs, cats and horses. I'm happy to chat about this if anyone has questions? :) The laboratory website should be up and running next week - in the meantime register your interest at Animal DNA Diagnostics | New Website Coming Soon!.

15. blacksea

blacksea PetForums Newbie

Hi folks. Nice to meet you all.

16. ANNA666

ANNA666 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone
    my name is anna i have just joined the pet forum,so iam learning haw to use the website.
    I have two lovely cats ruby she is 18 months old she is a taby cross and kitkat a totie cross she is 8 next month they are both rescue cats. I hope there are other cat owners on the forum who is as potty about cats as i am..,as my son would say you have got a problen you got o.c.d. Cos every time i see a cat i have to make a fuss.
    Bye for now

17. Sally More

Sally More PetForums Newbie

Hello everybody. I am all new to this, but been convinced by friends talking while dog walking about ow good these forums are. Managed to make my profile fancy.

Any other hints and tips for this website, communication, facts etc?

Thank you

18. 2012tabs

2012tabs PetForums Newbie

Hi !! My name is Kathy and I live in Michigan with my husband, two dogs and three cats. I've been looking for a forum where I can meet new people all over the world. I've had furbabies (cats and dogs) most of my life and consider myself a furrie expert - LOL... not really !! I have a ton of questions about the newest addition to our family, Tabatha. But first I wanted to introduce myself. I'm going to look around for a bit and when I feel comfortable that I'm posting/asking questions in the right area of the forum, I'll be asking for advice. Thank You !!!

19. blossom21

blossom21 PetForums Senior

Hi everyone I joined tonight, I have a 3 year old sprocker who in my opinion has more springer than cocker in his personality. This is my first ever springer type dog. We have had in the past a border collie,yorkie and chihuaua. I must admit the latest chap is by far and away the most challenging.:crazy:

Looking forward to lots of doggy chat,have a number of issues Im looking for help with. So off I go to the relevant page.

Have posted 3 pics of the terror.

#619 blossom21, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  20. gwizrunning

gwizrunning PetForums Newbie

Hi Blossom!
    Looks like you a few years further down the line from us - our newly adopted Sprocker is only 5 nearly 6 months now.
    I certainly agree that we have got our hands full! but SOOO worth it don't you think!
    Charlie was adopted 10 days ago by us from a family who did not have the time for him with 2 young children and a husband who worked away a lot.
    He is now with us and we are devoted to him! My husband I have 2 teenage boys who are very happy to get involved in training / walking and we like by 2 massive green spaces - great for walking.
    Trainining seems to have been almost non existent for Charlie so far - he responds to SIT, and can be coaxed into FETCH (with chew toys and treats) but does yet get STAY or DROP! (certainly need to get this one sorted ASAP!!!!)
    Charlie gets 3 good 1/2 hour walks a day and a brief walk just before going to bed. This seems to be plenty for him and throughly wears him out.
    I will get some photos uploaded once my son shows me how - embarrasing I know, as I am a Design & Technology teacher but have very basic IT skills - oh well ... onwards and upwards.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Gill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.