New Harness - Anyone used Hurtta Products?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Im looking into getting a replacement harness after the EzyDog Quick Fit harness I got for christmas didnt fit Millie properly. (The plastic buckle was to close to Millies armpit :( was ok but not was worried it would irratate her armpit)

Ive been looking at a few but I am getting drawn to the Hurtta range of products - In particular the Y shaped harness which has nothing around the legs as such and seems well designed for 'stockier' odd shaped dogs.

Hurtta Collection » Padded Y-harness

Has anyone got this harness? Or used Hurtta products? How did you find them?

Also the sizing of this harness is really confusing! Mils is 25Inches (63.5cm) at her chest. So would this make her a 60cm or 70cm in this harness? Oh my dear im simples sometimes! :eek:

Any advice welcomes :)

2. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

If you are struggling to get one to fit why not get Indi dog to make you one?

3. Milliepoochie

I didnt think of that lol Blondie

To be fair her current harness fits fine but is a lil old / worn and shes only had one harness not fit becuase I chose a complete different design :eek: - I think its more fussy owner syndrome! :eek:

I have quite fallen for the look of the Hurtta products though- Esp as this Y shaped harness is shown on the website to fit stokier dogs and is designed around the neck / shoulders I like how its away from the legs :thumbup1: Was just curious if anyone else had used their products?

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

One of the few styles I haven't tried :eek:

Have you looked at Julius K9? I know they're expensive but I love mine (well, Kenzie's!) :eek:

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I must admit, I bought a Julius K9 one for Roxy recently & it is fab!!!! Fits so well, no pulling under her front legs & looks great :D

6. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

I have quite a lot of Hurtta things, and the quality is fantastic.
    [​IMG]
    Rosie and Ringo both have one of their harnesses - and they're excellent, but as he's grown, and is of the stockier type like Millie, I'm thinking of getting the one that you described or a Doxlock... I'd recommend Hurtta products 100%.

I think we got the smaller one, and made it larger with the adjustable straps, but I'm not 100% certain...

Naomi x

7. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

8. Milliepoochie

I have done - I do really like them :thumbup1: Especially after seeing McKenzie in hers :thumbup1: I think il do some more research. Or Maybe I could just buy her both :eek:

Sounds fantastic this is what I wanted to hear - Something which will survive the elements lol and last. Her Ezydog one has lasted 19 months and is still going strong just looking abit shabby so durability is important to us as Millie can cause some wear and tear lol.

Excellent! More of an excuse to get both :eek::rolleyes:

9. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Just checked - we bought the size up - a 60 for Ringo who has a 54cm chest.
    Hope that helps,
    Naomi

10. holyshihtzu

holyshihtzu Guest

I have for my two dogs the cosydog harness made of fleece so it keeps them warm in the cold windy or wet weather and also when they pull it will not hurt as much as a normal nylon harness that you find in pet stores. hope this helps:thumbup1: