My Old Gaint African Land Snails ..

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by JasperCarrot, Apr 23, 2008.

1. JasperCarrot

JasperCarrot PetForums Member

I Kept A Few Before We Moved To Turkey ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There Home :p

[​IMG]

Just To Add The Water Bowl Was For Them To Take A Dip In ( No They Dont Drown As Long As Its Not Too Deep ) Not To Drink From ;) :p
    x

2. Searyan

Searyan PetForums Member

Beautiful!! I keep snails too, have you heard of petsnails.co.uk ? We`d love to have a new member ! :D

3. lil muppet

lil muppet PetForums VIP

love your setup!. have you tried putting peat in the bottom so they can burry?

4. ColeosMummy

ColeosMummy PetForums VIP

lovely my two should be here shortly x

5. JasperCarrot

Hi Thankyou ! :p:) , Yes I was a member before a loong time ago .. but I left because people starting argueing and stupid things like that ... but I have heard its all friendly and everything again now :p I dont know if the topic is still there but my old username was buse and I made a topic in the Forum Chatroom section called counting to 1000 ? it might not be there anymore ! but I dunno :p:) !

Hi thankyou , I did but it was extremly messy so i used moss in the corner for them to bury in and they were fine with it , layed eggs and everything and it was generally alot tidyer and less messy for me :p

Thankyou ! good luck with yours x what species are you getting? Fulica ?

#5 JasperCarrot, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Cute snails....and the albino's are quite rare.

I really would recommend a soil/peat/coir substrate that needs to be a minimum of 4 inches deep. I can tell you love your snails - but If you don't like mess than GALS are not for you, as you wouldn't be taking care of them properly.

7. JasperCarrot

I Hve Been Keeping GALS For A Number Of Years .. They Did Infact Thrive In My Care .. Maybe I Worded My Reply Wronge I Dont Know ?

I Even Have Rescued 11 Snails From Brixton Market , And Another Reason To Why I Switched To Moss Substrate Is Because I Kept Getting Nasty Bugs In The Soil ...

Thaankyou For Your Concern But I Really Do Know What Im Talking About :)

I Dont Own Any Snails At The Moment Anyway ( I Rehomed Them All Because I Have Now Moved To Turkey )