My cat has been missing 3 weeks since we moved to a new area...

Discussion in 'Lost and Found Cats' started by Krystal*85, May 1, 2017.

1. Krystal*85

Krystal*85 PetForums Junior

No need to be sorry anything and everything is worth a look!
    My beautiful boy is mostly black with 2 white socks on his front paws and his white is a smidge on his top lip and goes from his chin all down his belly side and covers most of his back legs! so he has 2 pure white back legs hes very unique and very precious Kx

2. Krystal*85

Heres a photo...

Attached Files:

3. Krystal*85

on my walk home from work I have counted at least 5 of my boys posters torn down...it hurts!
    really don't know what to think anymore...does somebody know something I don't or is it just pathetic people being cruel?
    am at a total loss don't know what more I can do have already replaced the posters once...it'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, 6 weeks that I havn't seen and been able to feed and look after my boy!
    its heartbreaking I just want my boy home with me safe and sound where he belongs!

4. SpringDance

SpringDance PetForums Senior

Could it be they thought the posters are old and no longer needed?

Maybe put some new ones up 'still missing'. Maybe also stretch the truth - 'possible sightings' - if people think there are sightings they might keep their eyes open more.

Are there any unused places nearby? Warehouses/ allotments/ industrial areas?

5. Krystal*85

They were my still missing posters...
    Ermmm yes there are many places like that around where we live I have walked them a few times...
    think I'm just having a deflated lull and seeing that hasn't helped...Arhhh well

6. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

It's not anyone knowing something you don't...when my old Lottie was missing for a while, think I told you, some joker went round with a lighter and burnt a hole where the phone number was...mindless pi**ocks.:(
    Your cat is very pretty indeed, and would quite likely be the sort that people would feed if they thought he was a stray. At that point they might well take him to be scanned. I have a very pretty female and I know that people encourage her and feed her. Attached picture of Maggie who is fed by many!! She is so fat that people must know she isn't a stray but she's pretty and fluffy so they invite her in.

Attached Files:

Krystal*85 likes this.
  7. Krystal*85

It hurts is all I just feel so down and helpless...don't really know what to think anymore!
    yes you did tell me can't understand people and how there minds work I just hope they never lose anything precious and want help!
    my boy is beautiful and I miss him terribly even miss him being a little bugger!
    your Maggie looks adorable!

8. Krystal*85

does anybody on here have any more tips/ideas/advice as to what more I can do to try and get my beautiful boy home...?

9. SpringDance

Have you tried a trap? You can loan them from cats protection.

It's a bit of a random idea, but on the off chance he is near, but frightened? He could be around at night. I'm certain my cat didn't stray far - it depends on what type of area you live in, though

10. SpringDance

Have you tried leaflets through doors, rather than just posted around?

11. Krystal*85

I have done a leaflet drop around my area...also I did have a possible sighting so I rang my local cats protection lady and she said she wouldn't loan me a trap unless I was certain it was him and where he was and that I cannot just leave a trap over night, kind of defeats the object if you ask me...

12. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

Seeing the Cpl were unhelpful, have you thought of buying your own to place in the possible sighting area? Or going door to door in that area again?

13. Krystal*85

yes I have asked my local pet shop and he is getting some in some time this week so I will be getting my own but unsure where to set it and what not, I havn't been door to door again as I don't want to be a nuisance...

14. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

Just in the specific area of the possible sighting....

15. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Long shot but you could get a camera (one of the trail cameras that can see in the dark though they aren't cheap - about £70). Set it up in some of the more derelict overgrown areas a cat might hang out. Put a plate of something stinky like sardines down in view of the camera but try and hide the camera from human eyes. It will record anything that sniffs / eats the food. Try a different place every night or two and see what you get. It is a very long shot but if your boy is living wild you might spot him and then have a clearer idea where to target your search.

Don't give up hope though. Cats are resourceful creatures.

16. Krystal*85

Thankyou I am trying to stay positive and I have thought about a camera its just the cost as I don't don't have that much money left over

17. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

Perhaps see if there are any wildlife clubs in your area or put a post out on facebook to see if anyone would be prepared to loan you one or set one up for you.

Krystal*85 likes this.
  18. Krystal*85

19. Krystal*85

I shall look into that one thankyou