my cat ate risotto

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by draph91, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM.

1. draph91

draph91 PetForums Junior

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell PetForums Senior

3. draph91

draph91 PetForums Junior

it's not rice I'm worried about it's the other stuff in it

4. Mirandashell

Mirandashell PetForums Senior

Well excuse the hell out of me for trying to be helpful.....

Look up the ingredients on Google.

5. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

If it was only a bit I'm sure she will be fine. It's things like salt and some flavourings that are not good for cats. If she shows any sign of illness then call the vet.

stockwellcat likes this.
  6. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Member

You haven't said what ingredients are in your risotto so we can't give you specific advice, but if she only ate a little she will probably be OK, just keep a close eye on her for the next day or so & call the vet if she seems at all unwell.

A lot of human foods are not good for cats and can cause serious illness, but in small amounts on the odd occasion they probably aren't going to cause any major trouble.

stockwellcat and Torin. like this.
  7. draph91

draph91 PetForums Junior

it's chicken and vegetable, I went to get a packet but I think that was the last one, you can get it at an Aldi

8. TallulahCat

TallulahCat PetForums Senior

A lot of foods can be harmful for cats, but only usually in large amounts. One example is onion. But before I knew this I've always allowed my cats to sample a bit of things like spaghetti bolognese, and it's never caused any problems.

If your cat ate a little bit then I'm sure it will be just fine. If your cat ate the lot then it's probably worth taking your cat to the vet along with the wrapper.

Torin. likes this.
  9. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

From your link it looks like it contains chicken and vegetables such as carrot and peas (as well as the rice i.e.) which won't cause your cat any harm. But as Tallulahcat said if there are onions in it, they are not good for your cat. And as Moggie14 said such processed foods for humans tend to contain quite a lot of salt (much too salty for my taste!) and other flavourings which would not be good for your cat if she ate more than a little bit. But I expect she mostly picked out pieces of chicken?

stockwellcat and moggie14 like this.
  10. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Moril quite often ends up eating a little bit of human food (he's sneaky about plate licking, I'm not directly giving it to him). But as it's all small amounts and not things like onion/garlic I'm not worried as it's a very minor part of his overall diet. So I'd say it really depends how much "a bit" is, and how she seems now.

stockwellcat likes this.