Martingale collars with quick release clip.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SusieRainbow, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:18 PM.

1. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone know where these are available ?
    I have concerns regarding the girls getting caught up in each others' collars when playing although they only wear them for walks they do play a bit of 'bitey face' when I'm getting the leads down, opening the door etc. and they are quite tight to slip off over their heads - I would imagine impossible with a panic stricken dog. So just being prepared for emergency help really.
    I want pretty as well as functional and reasonable prices. I've messaged Rocky and Bud, waiting for a reply.

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

You have come up with the best idea I can think of...

Only replying to this thread because if the girls get new collars, can we have photos please? We don't see them enough.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Absolutely , they are long overdue for a PF appearance !

lullabydream likes this.
  4. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Member

There's a few I follow on Facebook you could try, they all do lovely designs:
    Paws & hounds
    Wiff waff designs
    Blonde dog designs
    Walk me this way
    The dog co.Handmade dog collars
    Indi dog collars
    Dogs gone roaming
    Mable & Mu
    Ditsy Pet
    Dog Charmed
    Unique Dogs
    Meg Heath Bespoke

They all do handmade stuff with gorgeous designs but I can't remember who exactly does the martingale collars, worth a browse anyway!

Edited to add they're on Etsy & have their own websites for those who don't do Facebook :)

SusieRainbow likes this.
  5. Colette

Colette PetForums VIP

Horace has the Ezydog checkmate. Not particularly pretty but smart and functional.

SusieRainbow likes this.
  6. MaggiesMom

MaggiesMom PetForums Member

Dogs gone Roaming have just posted on Facebook to say martingale collars are coming soon!

SusieRainbow likes this.
  7. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestions ! I've just ordered from Rocky and Bud , they are so pretty , photos soon !

Tillystar likes this.
  8. lullabydream

Am so excited...

Am waiting on Houdini harness for Maisie. Website said a 4 week wait...thankfully its convenient shes in season but am so desperate for it to arrive!

Apparently she's not allowed a greyhound hat snood for winter though...gutted isn't the word when OH and Son said no..no..no!

SusieRainbow likes this.
  9. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Ooohh, I could make you one of those ! I made Reena the cutest little Pixie hood last winter that you've ever seen but OH said no to that ! She looked adorable !
    Your OH is cruel , greyhounds feel the cold , don't they ( like dachshunds )!

10. lullabydream

Well shes a lurcher and I guessed she will...

Oooo...i need to get back to work asap and put in my order because I do want one for her! I saw pixie looking ones too but got told off about them. My daughter in law loved them all...love my daughter in law she's brilliant...thats why I call her my daughter in law when shes my sons fiancee but they have been together since they were early teens and both are just 20!

So when I am allowed back to my job...or actually find the cure for my mystery illness I definitely will pm you!

SusieRainbow likes this.
  11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, I saw you'd been poorly , hope they get to the bottom of it. I'll gladly make you one when you want it but sure you need to proritise your cash at the moment. I daren't think how much I spend on my 2 little hounds , bought Reena a pink Equafleece at Crufts, Tango already has one.

lullabydream likes this.