Kitten Neutering Questions

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ChesterCat, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ChesterCat

ChesterCat PetForums Junior

Hello everyone, and what a lovely day we're having!!

My kitten Chester is only 3 months old but I am planning ahead and would like some answers about neutering. I am definitely getting him the snip as I think it is the responsible thing to do. My questions are about the actual event. When I lived with my mum and dad we had a female dog spayed and I remember her being very disorientated and worried and I am thinking about Chester now as I don't want him in lots of pain. I know he's a boy so the operation isn't as bad because there is a smaller incision. Also how long does it generally take? How long does it take for the cat to get back to their normal selves?

I hope people don't mind but is it ok to ask how much you paid to have your boy neutered?

I just want to prepare for him. Thank you! xxx

2. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Thomas was done last month. £32
    Wasn't groggy or anything and healed very quickly. You'd nor even know he'd had it done

3. buffie

buffie PetForums VIP

Costs of neutering vary from surgery to surgery and town to town.
    The cost of Meeko's neutering was I think £65 but I'm sure if I had looked around at other vets I could have found it cheaper.
    He was 5 and a half months old when he was done but some vets will do it earlier some insist on a 6 month minimum.As for recovery,he was neither up nor down.He came back from the vets ,out of the carrier had a quick visit to the litter tray,screamed for food and stuffed his face.Next was a quick rummage in the underwear department,decided all was fine and went off to batter hell out of his toys.After around 2/3 hours of manic playtime he slept through till morning and that was it :D

4. ever expanding

ever expanding PetForums Senior

weve just had our youngest done this month he was fine back to his old self we got a special offer for £10 some vets do offers from time to time i think that cat protection will give anyone a voucher towards the cost might be worth enquiring

5. ChesterCat

ChesterCat PetForums Junior

oh thats great, glad you all have had no problems with your cats. i hope he'll be back to his manic self afterwards! xxxxx

6. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC PetForums VIP

i had sheldon done at companion care in p@h and it cost 45 for the snip plus chipping him, he was a little......."high" when we first got him home but after bout an hour he was fine had some food then lay on his blanket and slept all day. :)

7. beckyhas2cats

beckyhas2cats PetForums Newbie

I had both my girl and bot done at 6 months (nearly 2 months ago) and they were both perfectly fine. She was a bit slower and careful about what she was doing than him but both were eating stright away and playing, maybe not as rough as usual though.

He will be fine, I promise x

8. prada

prada PetForums Junior

I've never had a boy that hasn't recovered completely by the time we got home. My vet charges £35, in Suffolk.