Thanks everyone... I will call the insurance company tomorrow to ask about the pre-authorisation... and then call the specialist to ask if they will accept that. I also want to ask them what the procedure will be, like I expect for them to do a consultation with him and then decide where we go from there, and if any more tests are needed. At least that way I can get him seen and pay the consultation and then worry about the other money after I know what is happening... So, I want to make sure and check all of that. Mine are insured with More Than too, and they have been dealing with the vet already... it just seems to be the specialist that is the problem.