Jordan Shelley, The One Show...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by tiggerthumper, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Will just have to see I suppose what these display of other techniqes in future programmes are.

3. hope

hope Banned

poor doggie should have bitten the mans foot off :rolleyes:

4. The Thing

The Thing PetForums Newbie

There is a new entry about this on One Show Wikipedia page, which outlines some of the shady background of what they are up to.
    Enjoy!

5. tiggerthumper

Thanks, welcome to PF!
    All sounds a bit suspect, like he wants to be famous and decided to try the dog behavioural route as a springboard rather than he is actually and animal lover who genuinely wants to improve doggies lives (evident by his ridiculous techniques)

6. The Thing

The Thing PetForums Newbie

Yes, It looks like he has got on TV due to connections with the Top Gear director, and the producers of the One Show have not shown due diligence in checking his credentials. They just accepted who he was, based on their existing relationship with "on the box productions".

I suspect that "Wobbly Dog Productions" has already started filming either a TV series, and/or an instructional DVD with Jordan in it, so that they can cash in. The One Show slot was just a promotional thing to get his name known.
    My bet is that they are close to selling a series to BBC, which is why BBC has been so reluctant to ditch Jordan.

The dog-training features are professionally produced and it looks like Jordan has had some media training, because he presents himself quite well.
    It is sad that he seems to have spent more time on this than on learning how to train dogs.

I originally thought Jordan was probably a nice guy who is being exploited by the BBC to generate controversy and increase viewing figures. Given the connection with a millionaire TV producer, and that Jordan's dad seems to be the late Trevor Shelley (a multi-millionaire restaurant developer) I think it is all a lot more suspect than that.

It stinks of greed and opportunism.

7. tiggerthumper

Very interesting, I had a wee nosy through the links on the wiki article and it does seem to be exactly as you say.

8. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I read the wiki thing too and yep def smell a rat..

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

The media has a lot to answer for IMO. These dominance trainers do get quick (temporary)results by bullying and wearing out dogs with issues coz they have to fit it all in a programme slot. It doesnt seem to have much to do with fixing the dog long term.
    TBH Id rather see a dog training programme that introduced several dogs and followed them over a series rather then trying to fix them all in less then a week.:(

10. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Soooo happy they've done in with that segment :D

As an aspiring dog trainer it sickens me that anyone would let someone like that anywhere near their dog, let alone stick him on the telly and expect everyone else to nod to everything he says.

I get that he's young and therefore inexperienced, but I'm 21 as well and would never treat a dog like that! That sort of logic wouldn't even cross my mind, nor would it cross many others but unfortunately there are impressionable people out there who will be led to believe this kind of treatment 'makes sense'.

The BBC should have known better and worked from a moral standpoint rather than a money-driven one - if we hadn't spoken up, how many dogs would have been put to sleep, how many people would have been bitten and attacked thanks to his idiotic and cruel methods?

As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm GLAD HE'S GONE :thumbup: