How much?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, Feb 20, 2012.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

Just wondering how much you feed your cat and how often? :D

2. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

My guys are free feed, their dishes are filled up every morning.

3. kcmd02

kcmd02 PetForums Member

Cuddles always has dry food which she isn't a big fan of, lol. She has wet food throughout the day (breakfast, dinner, supper & before bed).. a couple of soon fulls at a time because she won't eat it if the "gravy" dries up (haha). She must be spoiled. In wet food she probably eats a can or just under a can a day.

4. notsure

notsure PetForums Senior

My two are still kittens, so are still free fed.

They get 1/2 a bozita tetra 4-5 times per day (the 5th depends on when they awake from their afternoon nap) - They graze, so I just tend to rinse & refill thier bowl whenever it is empty (which is normally about every 3 hours - if there is food still in their bowl after 3-4 hours it gets thrown & refilled anyways). The only time their bowls are ever really empty for extended times is during their afternoon nap (which can last 4-6 hours), and from whenever they finish thier last meal of the night until they get feed whenever I wake up in the morning (if they are hungry they will wake me up sooner).

5. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

Leo is around 5-6 months and he gets about 300-400 grams of wet food in the moring and afternoon and a big handful of dry before bed:)

6. anotheruser

anotheruser PetForums Senior

About 400g (wet) a day for my two.
    They used to have dry food to graze on but since stopping that, they've been a bit more hungry. I may re-introduce it purely so they have something to eat when I am not there but I don't really want to.
    But then I don't want to have to feed them more wet because I don't want the cost to spiral out of control.

7. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

My two have a 200g tin between them in the morning, and a 200g tin between them at tea time. They have a small amount of dry too.

A few times a week the tea time tin is replaced with raw.

The tins are Grau, AC and Smilla... The dry is Applaws.

8. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

Pretty much the same here with dry food, it's down 24/7 for them. I've learned not to give them *full meals* of wet as they tend to leave half, so while it looks like they're not getting much they've usually pigged out on dry beforehand.

Ian

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Fed 3 times a day (wet) and get approx 100g food each per meal topped up with a big splash of warm water.

10. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

My two are kittens and on a 100% wet diet of Smilla, Bozita (tetra), Macs and Grau. They are free fed but typically will eat 200g of Smilla or Bozita in the morning between them, 200g between them of Smilla or Bozita mid afternoon, then I share a 200g tin of Macs or Grau between them early evening. If their plates are empty at bedtime I share another 200g tin of Macs or Grau between them. So in total they can eat between 300-400g each of wet food a day :)

11. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

My boy gets 100g wet in the morning and 100g wet in the evening and then half a hadful of dry down for grazing during the night he is fed - Natures Menu, Hilife and applaws dry

12. Etienne

Etienne PetForums VIP

My two share 100gms at 6.30am, 9.00am, 3.00pm and 5.00pm.
    They also get 20gms each of dry during the late evening

13. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

My 2 are free fed! They probably go through 4 sachets a day of what ever their fave food of the time is, sometimes more ( at the moment they love Felix sensations but that could change tomorrow knowing them) and they have royal canin dry 24/7

14. Kiwi

Kiwi PetForums VIP

Ditto here. James Wellbeloved/canin dry food & different wet foods (we are searching for the latest 'acceptable' wetfood :001_rolleyes:). As Sweetie prefers to eat her wet food freshly aerated :sleep:, If I am going out for the day, I leave it in her automated feeder to deliver small portions at 10am and 2pm. Total wet consumption is about 1 small pack per day or 2 small foil tins.

15. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Barney has 3 pouches a day - breakfast, lunch & dinner & a very small handfull of dry food maybe once or twice a day - (depending on if we go out or if theres a longer wait between his meals) :)

16. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

Thomas is 6 months. He gets three meals a day but generally is fed as much as he wants. At the moment that is 400gm of wet pate style food per day with a dash of warm water. No dry or anything else.

17. anotheruser

anotheruser PetForums Senior

It surprises me when people say they feed their cats four or five times a day. . . do you not work? :p Or do you sneak a break home to feed them? :)

18. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

Automatic feeders are great :)

19. wellsandmittens

wellsandmittens PetForums Member

My two are quite big boys and also allowed outdoors so burn off a lot of energy that way (or so they would have me believe :rolleyes:) so tend to eat a lot, although how much they eat does depend on what they are eating. If it is Classic/Felix etc they will have a tin between them in one meal. If it's Animonda/Bozita pate then they usually manage about 2/3 a tin between them in one meal. They get two meals a day and I try to do 50:50 better food to chunks in jelly types roughly. I know it would be better 100% better food but the kitties don't agree with this theory so that's the compromise we are working with for now!

20. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

Merlin gets 1 pouch/tin of wet in the morning and the same at night. 85gm each one, he also gets a handful of Taste of the Wild dry to graze on. I tried giving him extra wet on weekends but he threw up twice.