How much?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by malibu, Feb 20, 2012.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

Just wondering how much you feed your cat and how often? :D

2. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

My guys are free feed, their dishes are filled up every morning.

3. kcmd02

kcmd02 PetForums Member

Cuddles always has dry food which she isn't a big fan of, lol. She has wet food throughout the day (breakfast, dinner, supper & before bed).. a couple of soon fulls at a time because she won't eat it if the "gravy" dries up (haha). She must be spoiled. In wet food she probably eats a can or just under a can a day.

4. notsure

notsure PetForums Senior

My two are still kittens, so are still free fed.

They get 1/2 a bozita tetra 4-5 times per day (the 5th depends on when they awake from their afternoon nap) - They graze, so I just tend to rinse & refill thier bowl whenever it is empty (which is normally about every 3 hours - if there is food still in their bowl after 3-4 hours it gets thrown & refilled anyways). The only time their bowls are ever really empty for extended times is during their afternoon nap (which can last 4-6 hours), and from whenever they finish thier last meal of the night until they get feed whenever I wake up in the morning (if they are hungry they will wake me up sooner).

5. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

Leo is around 5-6 months and he gets about 300-400 grams of wet food in the moring and afternoon and a big handful of dry before bed:)

6. anotheruser

anotheruser PetForums Senior

About 400g (wet) a day for my two.
    They used to have dry food to graze on but since stopping that, they've been a bit more hungry. I may re-introduce it purely so they have something to eat when I am not there but I don't really want to.
    But then I don't want to have to feed them more wet because I don't want the cost to spiral out of control.

7. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

My two have a 200g tin between them in the morning, and a 200g tin between them at tea time. They have a small amount of dry too.

A few times a week the tea time tin is replaced with raw.

The tins are Grau, AC and Smilla... The dry is Applaws.

8. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

Pretty much the same here with dry food, it's down 24/7 for them. I've learned not to give them *full meals* of wet as they tend to leave half, so while it looks like they're not getting much they've usually pigged out on dry beforehand.

Ian

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Fed 3 times a day (wet) and get approx 100g food each per meal topped up with a big splash of warm water.

10. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

My two are kittens and on a 100% wet diet of Smilla, Bozita (tetra), Macs and Grau. They are free fed but typically will eat 200g of Smilla or Bozita in the morning between them, 200g between them of Smilla or Bozita mid afternoon, then I share a 200g tin of Macs or Grau between them early evening. If their plates are empty at bedtime I share another 200g tin of Macs or Grau between them. So in total they can eat between 300-400g each of wet food a day :)