UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Hello! Rondo Saved my life

293 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  saraflen 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

First post!

This is place is awesome, long time reader. I thought for my first post I would post something meaningful that could inspire others. This story isn't mine, but I read it from somewhere else, and I haven't come across something like here.

Anyway, heres the story! Tell me what you think:

In my opinion people primarily have pets to bring joy to their lives, but nobody ever envisions that this pet could save their life.

I got my cat from the shelter when he was only 2 years old. He came from an abusive family, and I couldn’t resist when I saw him – we instantly bonded from the moment I pet him for the first time. His name is Rondo.

One night I was very tired from work, and made food very quickly. I ate and feel asleep watching TV in my room. During my sound sleep, Rondo woke me up. I got really annoyed at him because I was in deep sleep, but rondo was persistent! He kept nibbling my feet, meowing, and licking me (with his rough tongue). At first I thought he just wanted food, but I remember I left him food earlier.

I ignored him and fell back asleep, but again he was still persistant. Finally I got fed up, and fully woke up to see what he wanted. Immediately when I got up, I noticed the smell of smoke, and saw a cloud of smoke seeping into my room. I ran into my kitchen, and my stove was on fire! For some reason my fire alarm didn’t go off (the fire department told me later that it didn’t have a battery inside, which is why it never alerted me). I was terrified; I thought I was going to die. I grabbed Rondo, my laptop, and ran out the door calling 9-11.

After a few hours, the fire was finally put out, and luckily only my kitchen and a small portion of the living room was damaged.

Everyday, I thank Rondo for what he did for me. Occasionally I have to admit that when I look at Rondo, I cry. I can’t believe he saved my life. I owe him my life.

Thank you Rondo, you’re my angel.

SOURCE
HTML:
 http://factorfield.com/fullstory.php?storyid=360

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.