Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ant C, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Ant C

Ant C PetForums Newbie

Hello to everyone,

My names ant and look forward to being part of the community.

Currently awaiting my two pups to be ready to leave their mother & looking for a good place for info / help on training them well :)

See you all around the boards! :D

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

Hi & welcome.

Apologies for sounding like I'm being a killjoy but....

Is there a reason you have decided to get 2 littermates at the same time, & if so are you fully aware of all the issues that can arise?

I ask because most decent breeders won't allow a pair of siblings to go to the same household unless they are going to a very experienced home.

3. Ant C

Ant C PetForums Newbie

Hi mate,

The girlfriend wanted the 2nd one. She thought they will be cute together lol..

I'm aware of some of the issues as i have been doing lots of research, spend time with each one on their own. Train them seperate etc (I've had a dog before but never from pup, sadly he had to go)

I'm sure they will cause havoc but its all fun & games

I've also decided ill be moving them onto raw food also.

Thanks for your questions & i'm sure ill find plenty info on here to help me on my hectic journey, we pick them up in two weeks :D

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Commander of a tiny, furry army
    Staff Member

Here's some links for you, as littermate syndrome can be quite a complex issue, & probably best to prepare for worst case scenarios if you really have your heart set on 2 pups.

https://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theotherendoftheleash/adopting-littermates-dont
    http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/is...ems-Adopting-Two-Puppies-At-Once_16190-1.html
    http://thebark.com/content/dont-take-two-littermates

We had GSD sisters who were 5 when they came to us & they were very firmly bonded, loveliest of dogs but when we lost one her sister never really got over it, she died almost a year to the day later, & although it was due to illness I still think her love of life had diminished.

5. Ant C

Ant C PetForums Newbie

Thank you, i will give those two articles a good read now :) Yeah we already put deposits down on both pups

Thats sad is that, such a shame :-(. My gfs grand parents had two lab pups from the same litter & they were great but both passed away & were really ill in their old age.

6. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Hello and Welcome....... looking forward to seeing pictures of your puppies.

7. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome

8. Ant C

Ant C PetForums Newbie

Thanks guys. When i pick the little rascals up ill be sure to share them in the gallery :-D

9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Welcome :) good luck with the puppies and looking forward to seeing the photos.