Grieving chinchilla in need of new home

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by scubanic, Mar 12, 2012.

1. scubanic

scubanic PetForums Newbie

Sadly I have recently had to have one of my two remaining chins put to sleep, leaving behind her a now very lonely companion. Roo, my remaining mosaic chinchilla, has always been in the company of other chins and is clearly not happy on her own so I am looking for a new home for her where she can be happy with other chins around her. She has lived seemingly quite happily in a cage on her own with other chinchillas as neighbours and responds better to chinchilla company than to human company, but she is handleable. She is a healthy and usually lively and active chinchilla with plenty of character and I will be very sad not to have her around any more but it really isn't fair to keep her in the solitary confinement she is currently enduring and I am not in a position to take on another chinchilla companion for her myself.

She will bring her cage with her and the remaining food and sand that I have and I also have a couple of other cages that I will be happy to go with her if they are wanted. I want her to go somewhere that I know she will be happy and get more attention than I can give her myself, so will want to know about your chin experience etc.

Unfortunately I am based in Helston, Cornwall and work full time but I am hoping there is someone out there that will be able to take her. I am obviously willing to meet up with the right person somewhere so that you don't have to drive all the way down here!!

If anybody has any other contacts they think I should try, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope there is a fantastic new home out there for a very lonely chin.

2. mysticmurphy

mysticmurphy PetForums Newbie

Hi there I've pm'd you about this little girl x