Goodbye my brave Schnauzer baby

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Manki, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Manki

Manki PetForums Newbie

I put Baby to sleep last night.

Baby came to my home at one month old,in 2014. She is such a beautiful and tough girl. I rmb the night after her desex surgery. She was so tired after General anesthesia and the wound really made her uncomfortable. Yet she still insisted to jump off from the sofa and went to toilet by herself.

She was smart and loves to eat dog treats. Wherever I hide the food,she still able to find it. No matter how late I came home, she always come to the door and greet me.

However, she suffered from several
    diseases since she was 9 years old. Spinal spur, skin mass, hepatitis , cataract, pancreatitis... I brought her to clinic every month and acupuncture session every two weeks. Baby is brave enough to been through that much.

Last night, after I took her for walk. I gave her a bath and just about to feed her supper. She suddenly rushed to the toilet and pooped. After she came out, I found her hind legs were paralyzed and unable to stand straight. She started moaning which I never seen before. I brought her to emergency immediately.

The doc said Baby may suffered from spinal cord collapses or lower limb embolism. After examination, doctor said there was no pulse on her legs and no blood came out with needle stick. Her limbs started getting very cold. Her X Ray showed there are multiple masses in her right lung. I was shocked coz Baby never showed any cough or abnormalities in breathing. The masses big enough to slightly shift her heart.

Doctor said even if she is on the blood clot dissolvent , it is not 100% work and the dissolved blood clot ,which contained toxins, may circulate her body and cause shock. And Baby is too old for any anesthesia, especially her lung condition is deteriorated.

After discussion, my family and I agreed to put Baby to sleep and end her suffering. Whole family members stayed with her. I hold her in my arms tightly until her last heartbeat.

Baby, you will be missed.
    I love you forever. I believe we will meet again.

Attached Files:

2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

What a beautiful girl she was, love and sympathies to you. Remember the good times.

Manki likes this.
  3. sue m

sue m lucy

So sorry for your loss, she is beautiful. We lost our Lucy end of last year very suddenly in recovery at the vets for a simple procedure, we were on the way to collect her but unfortunately we never made it before she was gone. The pain is so hard to bear and has not really eased since she left us. I still cry everyday but I hopefully believe we will see them again one day. Rest in Peace baby.

Manki likes this.
  4. Manki

Manki PetForums Newbie

It's so hard to say goodbye. Especially me and Baby have been through a lot. Whenever I close my eyes, her face shows up. I keep on believing she's somewhere watching me and be happy and healthy right now. We will meet again.

Her cremation will be done on coming Thursday then we will put her ashes in my house. She scared of foreign places that's why I hope she can be with us, in our home, the place where she grew up and spent her whole life

5. MrsCx

MrsCx PetForums Member

I don't mean to sound compleeetely insensitive. However, she came home to you at one month old in 2014? But 9 years old? And in other posts nearly 15 years old???? Timewarp.

6. Manki

Manki PetForums Newbie

I mean she started to have different illnesses since she was 9 years old.
    She left at 14 years and 11 months. Three days ago...

Latisha Wiggan likes this.
  7. Latisha Wiggan

Latisha Wiggan PetForums Newbie

aww, I'm so sorry ;( stay strong, she is in heaven now

8. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear this . :(
    Run free, Baby.

9. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm so sorry about your lovely girl. Sweet dreams Baby