Goodbye Koko, always in my heart.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by snickypoo, Oct 18, 2015.

1. snickypoo

snickypoo PetForums Senior

It really gives you something to cling to when you are grieving, I think the poem is beautiful and heartfelt, you have definitely got a talent, I have read some of your others, Heart Dog is one of my favourites, I have that one written out and framed with a photo of Koko.
    Some of the best poets and best poem's were inspired by heartbreak, that is so very sad isn't it?
    I know losing Oliver absolutely broke your heart and devastated you, but it brought out the poet in you, and the poems you wrote have helped me when I was heartbroken and lost, and I'm certain there are many more members on here who have found them a comfort too, it's like Oliver's Legacy, I hope you find comfort in knowing that you have helped others. xx Take care xx

2. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I know they have helped many people and that does make me feel good that i have helped so many people through their grief and eased their pain.That poem was actually published in a news letter in the UK but i dont remember off the top of my head who did it.It was someone from the forum.I never thought to ask for a copy but it is what it is.I thank you for the many compliments and as i do everyone who does.It is an honer for me to help people when i can.

3. snickypoo

Another Christmas has gone by without you, still doesn't seem right that you are not here anymore, I love you Kokey, and miss you everyday xxx

4. Rott lover

I hear you there.It has been a couple of years and still a sad time for us.

5. snickypoo

Hi Rott Lover,
    Christmas always magnifies the sadness of their absence doesn't it. Koko loved christmas, even though I have Luna now and she is great, I adore her, I still miss Koko, not a day goes by that I don't. :(
    I hope you and your partner are OK and your christmas wasn't all sadness, I'm sure Oliver wouldn't want you to be sad, as I'm sure Koko wouldn't want me to be sad either.
    I hope 2017 brings you all that you hope for for yourself. xxx

6. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

I know its hard but consider investing the love you had for Koko in a new pal, thousands need a forever home....

7. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

17 years for us since our last dog passed....still miss her

Rott lover likes this.
  8. snickypoo

I was so broken when I lost Koko that I swore I wouldn't put myself through the pain of losing another, but when you consider the years of happiness and unconditional love a dog brings, it's worth it in the end.
    Luna is 7months old now and I couldn't love her more, and I know Koko would approve. ❤ IMG_0609.JPG

Rott lover likes this.
  9. Rott lover

It is really a strange thing.When Oliver passed and with the way it all went we were so devastated.We swore up and down we would never have another.shortly after the house we live in got sold and we had a new landlord.We were told we can not have a rott.No big deal we thought.However as the days and months went by we have reached the point where we so desperately want one but now we cant have one.Cruel fate seems to mach me lol.So now we are trying to find a house so we can have one lol.