Frontline - Frequency

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by jaxx, Sep 22, 2009.

1. jaxx

jaxx PetForums VIP

I gave Kitty a frontline pipette about 2 weeks ago but as she's long haired and has a thick undercoat and moved at the wrong point, some of the liquid rolled off her fur but I did get some on her skin.

She's still riddled with fleas. Would I be able to give her another dose of frontline this week without harming her at all?

My carpet and furniture are about to get a spraying with Acclaim as well this week.

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Id be carefull as shes young id ring a vet for advice just in case you dont want to over dose her. Can you not also flea comb her to get some off her to help also. sorry couldnt help more.

3. jaxx

jaxx PetForums VIP

She's actually 14 years old! lol sorry if I gave the impression she was young, her name is Kitty which makes her sound like a kitten.

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

I have repeated after 3 weeks if heavy loaded with fleas. I know theres been issues with the effectiveness of the frontline some think the fleas are becoming emune to the stuff. I may actually try a new one my self this time. Although ive always used frontline my self.

5. Tim_A

Tim_A PetForums Junior

We renewed our frontline after 3 weeks, but it doesn't seem to work any more. We've since moved to advantage with better results :)