For all those who have had there pets put to sleep x

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by philnamy, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Bluebird

Bluebird PetForums Junior

What a beautiful poem. That's set me off again. I lost Sharma my cat a month ago. Thought all the tears had been shed for a while, but they're never that far away.
    I still think I see him slinking around the garden, maybe it's just shadows.

2. ColeosMummy

ColeosMummy PetForums VIP

such a lovely poem :( x

3. danielled

danielled Guest

I've just read the poem but it mayhave been a bit too soon for me to read it. The other day I had to have my hamster put to sleep. His name was Peanut and I loved him. The poem is lovely but it was just too soon for me. It made me cry. I had Peanut for just over a month. It would have been two months today. He was poorly and it got way out of hand.
    Danielle.

4. Rebecca and the pack

Rebecca and the pack PetForums Junior

You dont know hwo much that poem has saddened me. My Lucky was put to sleep today after 14 years of being at my side, since I was 4 months old. I cant remeber him not being here. Its going to be hard.

5. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Lovely poem..made me think about our little girl again..:eek:

So sorry to here of luckys passing Rebecca..Sleep well Lucky..R.I.P

6. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

There are no words to describe the heartbreak of losing a four legged member of your family. Although we have a new puppeh, Stella, I mourn Sadie everyday.

For anyone who has never heard of Frank Warren and his wonderful project Post Secret.....click on the links below....

PostSecret

This postcard in particular summed up everything that I hope heaven will be...

Post Secret! « Stella!!!

God Bless the Mama/Papa that sent the postcard to Frank.......

7. rhondakelly

rhondakelly PetForums Newbie

That is a lovely poem. I had my boy Riva put to sleep last Wednesday but didn't know i wouldn't see him again. Have already put message on about it. Think this is a great site as it is helping me so much come to terms with it all. Just to log on and see so many in the same state gives you comfort. Hope you doing ok now. Take care and your little babe will know all for the best. XXX

8. noushka05

noushka05 Leftie Extremist/Eco-Warrior

what a lovely peom:(

Rhondakelly im so sorry to hear your sad news:( R.I.P Riva xxx

9. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Having had to have a few animals PTS, Kodi most recently about 6 weeks ago, that is really a lovely poem, although it did very nearly make me cry.

*Heidi*

10. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

What a beautiful poem. We had to have our 8 year old shih tzu put to sleep on June 3rd last year and it was the hardest decision ever. We'd been on holiday two weeks before and he'd had so much fun playing on the beach but he was struggling with walking. We took him the vets as soon as we got back home and they said he had a brain tumour which was inoperable and fluid on the brain. Also a slipped disc. We were told he could have radiotherapy but it would only lengthen his life by 8-12 months and if I remember rightly, 3-6 months of that would be travelling almost 200 miles for the radiotherapy every so often (I don't remember if it was weekly, fornightly or what). Sam hated the car so it would have been no fun for him.
    Without medication he would have had 6-8 weeks left. We did think of letting nature take its course but we were warned he would start having fits and there is no way I could have handled seeing him like that, so we chose the kindest (in our opinion) option to end his life whilst he was still happy. :(

11. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

what a lovely poem i had my jrt put to sleep 3 weeks ago now and i still miss him you can tell them all your worries and upsets and they just sit and listen dont answer back pity a lot of people arent like them and just listen rip little 1

12. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Sorry cant bring myself to read it just now cos Im close to losing another one, but Im sure its very nice.

13. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Beautiful ..:cryin:

14. Marie SW

Marie SW PetForums Newbie

The poem made me tear up again.

I had my cat Marie put to sleep this morning. She had stomach cancer & it was time to say goodbye. It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I will really miss her a lot, she was a wonderful pet.

15. avl1982

avl1982 PetForums Junior

Thank you for posting this. We had our cat put to sleep on Monday, it all happened quite suddenly but she was very old.

This poem really means a lot to me because having a pet put to sleep is never easy, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

The poem's right that it is the toughest test of the bond between pet and owner, making the right decision for them.

Thank you
    Abi