Ex breeding dogs.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by WarDoll, May 31, 2012.

1. lindr76

lindr76 PetForums Junior

forgot to say in my OP that Fudgie also came from Many Tears,and to this day I support the work they do for ex breeders/studs,they deserve praise for the hard work and dedication they put into helping those special poochies!

and while I'm here,this is my 'tribute' to Fudgie,she didn't just take my heart she completely changed my life and i'll never forget her...
    [​IMG]

2. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

I know, I remember reading about it not long ago, and reading their response. I'm still not sure they need to not be a charity, but they still rehome dogs in need...

3. WarDoll

WarDoll Guest

Even these stories with nice endings are breaking my heart! :sad::sad::sad:

I never tolerate any form of violence, I think there is no need for it and things should be worked out verbally. HOWEVER, see these dirty eejits that keep these dogs in these conditions? I'd quite happily go against my morals and take my boot to their heads. :mad:

4. WarDoll

WarDoll Guest

Just to let you all know, I filled in an adoption form for a bitch who I think would be perfectly suited with us. I've head back and things are looking very good, I have my fingers crossed.

It may look/be impulsive but my OH actually said he'd be happy in helping giving her a very good life, with that I went ahead and the bottom life is she will be better with us than in a rescue centre. Dexter will show her the ropes on "how to get mummy right under our paws". :rolleyes:

5. househens

househens Guest

Very emotional thread. I'm on the other side of the world, in Oz, but it goes on everywhere, in 1st world countries, tho' Mexico is awash with puppy mills to sell to the US from the internet. Are you aware that the worst puppymills in the US are mostly Amish run? They believe that God created all animals to to serve man in any way man wants. The most appalling photo's of US puppy farms are almost all Amish. They breed and sell for experimentation, too.

I used to think they were picturesque, harmless, superstitious nutters. They are a long way from harmless.

I'm so pleased that another abandoned breeder is going to have a real home. Don't forget the middle aged and elderly large dogs, too. If you would like to have a dog, but plan to travel in 3 or 5 years, take home an elderly, gentle, bashful, sook of a teddy bear of a rotty or similar. 6, 7, 8 years old. They have almost no hope of rescue to a loved old age.

I've looked into Many Tears rescue and find the suspicion of them rather distasteful and unwarranted. There are many reasons for not wanting to be a registered charity. There is no doubt they are personally bending over backwards to rescue ex breeders, and they can't say what we all feel, as the breeders' co operation would be cut off and those poor dogs in the system would be shot, dumped, so many other awful endings... No one says you have to rescue through them. Go elsewhere if the word charity means so much, but I would far prefer my dog was in their hands than in the hands of the RSPCA, the megalith of charities.

#25 househens, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  6. lindr76

lindr76 PetForums Junior

:D thats fab news,I really hope it goes well and you take her home with you! much love to you for helping another MT dog find their place in the world,and stuff the bad reports about MT,they are a fantastc rescue and help countless dogs find people like you willing to give that extra love and care to help them overcome what has been a harrowing life for them xx

7. WarDoll

WarDoll Guest

Unfortunately the person who wanted her a few weeks ago has got in contact and I think the dog may be goin to them :(. Still, I'm happy she has found a forever home even if it wasn't with us. I'm now looking again for a dog we are suited with :). The dog we were wanting, she was 5 and I find that a good age for us but really, if a dog is suited then age isn't really much of a matter.

8. lindr76

lindr76 PetForums Junior

:( sorry it didn't work out on this occasion but I know from my daily dealings with MTAR that they have so many dogs,the majority of them ex breeders,that you will soon find that perfect pooch for your family....keep looking and i'll watch out for news of who you finally give a forever home to...best of luck in your search xx

9. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I have rescues, now my first ex breeder from MT all my rescues have come from homes where they have been pets.Harry never had that and he so enjoys his new life sometimes the look of amazement when he is out on a walk gets to me,he seem to appreciate all the little doggy things the others take for granted.Many Tears were much more strict than any other rescue I have had dogs from in a few months I will adopt another ex breeder from them (haven't told OH yet ):D

10. WarDoll

WarDoll Guest

What breed is Harry? Can we see some pictures of him please? He sounds like a darling and very happy one at that! Well done Sue :cornut:.