Evening all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by spottedhorse, Mar 13, 2012.

1. spottedhorse

spottedhorse PetForums Newbie

:)
    Hello
    Another newbie here although Im 'petless' at the moment (not counting horses as they don't live in the house) due to the recent loss of my beloved GSD who had Pyometra (went in for the op, when opened up the vet told me she had many angry tumours that had spread) to cut a long story short we made the decision to put our girl to sleep as the cancer had spread to her lungs. She was 9 our house feels so empty without her.

That was a month ago. I keep looking at rescue sites for another dog or a cat but Im not sure Im ready yet to move on. That was how I came across this place!

Anyway on a cheerier note hello to you all (sorry for the glum introduction) Im am a very happy person normally! Im off to have a nosey at all your threads now:p

2. heckhound

heckhound PetForums Newbie

So sorry to hear about your loss. I too just lost my beloved German Pinscher and I agree that it's hard to move on. The house really does feel emptier without her. I still have one dog but he's more aloof and not as affectionate as my GP was.
    Anyway it's nice to meet you and I am sure that you will find another pet when the time is right.

Janet :)

3. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Hello, so sorry about your loss, it is so hard when you loose a beloved friend.

Does your name indicate that you have Appaloosas, I love them, I used to have horses when I was younger

4. spottedhorse

Hi Janet:thumbup:

Sorry about your loss too, they have such a special place in your heart don't they.

I am going to look for another dog, but will wait for the right one to come along I nearly went out and bought another white GSD puppy to fill the gapping hole, but new it wasn't the right thing to do as we could never replace her. I think I will look at a completely different breed next time.

5. spottedhorse

Hi Bisbow:)
    No I don't have an appaloosa, I have a grey ISH, but I do love appaloosas, maybe one day I might aquire one :)

6. WhippetyAmey

WhippetyAmey PetForums VIP

Hiya, welcome to the forum.

Sorry for your loss, it sounds like you were in a very tough situation.

Hopefully the forum will help you about whether you would like to rescue or not :)

7. jopetportraits

jopetportraits PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forums.:D Really sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.

8. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF :)

9. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Hello, welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about your loss, what a huge hole they leave in our lives. I had Jaz my gsd pts a fortnight ago :(

10. spottedhorse

Thank you all for your kind welcoming.:)

delca1 - so sorry to read that about Jaz:( are you going to get another GSD?

11. jopetportraits

jopetportraits PetForums VIP

Really sorry to hear about Jaz. It's so awful when you have to have them pts. We lost our youngest Maine Coon last year and still miss him terribly.

12. DogLove3

DogLove3 PetForums VIP

Welcome to the Forum :) Sorry to hear about your Sad News :(