UK Pet Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dry Dog food whats the best out there ? ................

433K views 916 replies 265 participants last post by  tashi 
G
#1 ·
Whats the best dry dog food out there??? any thoughts?? i am feeding my dog james wellbeloved wich is good but dear to buy:(what do you feed your dog and why !?? and how much is it !?

G
#2 ·
Mine were fed Beta puppy by there Breeders,we weaned them over to Burns Mini Bites when we brought them home,Still on Burns but the Adult Version.

They have done well on it,very little in the way of tummy upsets.

#3 ·
You already know mine Garry....but...
Arden Grange at £36 and Royal Canin which I get at £26 ish
Every food suits a dog better than another.....its all down to what the dog looks good on and prefers.....
I have had Purina Large Breed and thats a good one too - my adult DDB male just got bored of it LOL Like he does with every food - so I swap between a few to keep him eating :)

G
#6 ·
we give cassie nutro choice large breed puppy food nver had a problem with it either it was recommened to us by a friend. cassie doesnt even have very skinky trumps! my mums previous labrador had tinned meat and really really stunk!

#7 ·
Burns is an excellent complete food, very pure, but some dogs struggle to keep weight on with it, which is ideal for my working dogs, but can be a problem with dogs required to carry a bit more weight.

#9 ·
I feed mine Beta from the time I had her and it seems to do her good have had no probs with it .
when i got sprinkle the breeder had him on beta, i soon changed that the smell that used to come out of him im sure it used to peel the wall paper off the walls .

G
#12 ·
I feed Arden Grange Salmon and Rice.
Bought in Breeder bags 15k = £24.95

Ingredients

Fresh Salmon (min 26%), Whole Grain Rice (min 26%), Whole Grain Maize, Chicken Fat*, Chicken Meal*, Beet Pulp, Dried Brewers Yeast, Egg Powder, Fish Meal*, Linseed, Fish Oil*, Minerals, Vitamins, Nucleotides, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Cranberry Extract, Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate, MSM, Yucca Extract. * Preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

Typical Analysis

Protein 25%, Oil 15%, Fibre 2.5%, Ash 7%, Moisture 8%, Omega6 3.89%, Omega3 0.95%, Vitamin A 20000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1500 IU/kg, Vitamin E 135 IU/kg, Calcium 1.2%, Phosphorous P 0.75%, Copper 20 mg/kg (as Cupric Sulphate).

G
#13 ·
I feed Arden Grange Salmon and Rice.
Bought in Breeder bags 15k = £24.95

Ingredients

Fresh Salmon (min 26%), Whole Grain Rice (min 26%), Whole Grain Maize, Chicken Fat*, Chicken Meal*, Beet Pulp, Dried Brewers Yeast, Egg Powder, Fish Meal*, Linseed, Fish Oil*, Minerals, Vitamins, Nucleotides, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Cranberry Extract, Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate, MSM, Yucca Extract. * Preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

Typical Analysis

Protein 25%, Oil 15%, Fibre 2.5%, Ash 7%, Moisture 8%, Omega6 3.89%, Omega3 0.95%, Vitamin A 20000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1500 IU/kg, Vitamin E 135 IU/kg, Calcium 1.2%, Phosphorous P 0.75%, Copper 20 mg/kg (as Cupric Sulphate).
my dogs hate that salmon type food !:eek:

#16 ·
we use purina pro plan puppy for weaning & mum has this while feeding
we have tried them all !!
this one is our preferred choice
dr johns dry complete is another food that suits our dogs, when a special diet is not required
but we are considering changing to a natural diet meat bone & vegetable?
as this is some thing we have not tried ,does any body else feed this ??

#18 ·
Well I must have the weirdest dog...I feed Meg on beta, but she gets really fed up after about three months and will only eat tinned pedigree chum. I have to swap about once every three months. :confused: It's the only way I can keep her eating or she jut turns her nose up...refuses...gives me a disgusted look and walks of in a huff!! I know then it's time for a change!
Banjo has Hills Science from the vet...he seems to enjoy it...but will nibble at Meg's if she leaves any :cool: <sigh>

Breda

#22 ·
A really cheap way of feeding is on chicken carcusses, although you do need to find a supplier first, we get a box for £5, and there is loads of meat on them, this feeds my six dogs for 3 days (3 BC's, 2 GSD'S and a GSD X BC). The other days in the week they have Burns complete food. I know lots of people say you shouldn't mix food in this way. All my dogs are fit and healthy and live to a good age, remaining fit up to the end, so I am happy with it. They also never have stomach upsets.

G
#24 ·
My personal choice is Arden Grange. Natural Premium Dog Food & Cat Food From Arden Grange

British made with a higher meat content than most and no artificial colours etc.

The lab version suits many dogs with iffy digestion nd keeps their coats in top nick.

Also it is very well priced on the breeder/professional user scheme where it is VAT Free and in plain bags.

You can get two or more bags delivered FOC from their distributers.

G
#25 ·
My personal choice is Arden Grange. Natural Premium Dog Food & Cat Food From Arden Grange

British made with a higher meat content than most and no artificial colours etc.

The lab version suits many dogs with iffy digestion nd keeps their coats in top nick.

Also it is very well priced on the breeder/professional user scheme where it is VAT Free and in plain bags.

You can get two or more bags delivered FOC from their distributers.
i hope now that what i am trying will work for my skinny old bull terrier, to fatten him up i am trying tripe and dry food then pasta of a night time ,pluss i am gonna cut him down on going on my jogs with me as i think i maybe running all the weight off of him ! 3 miles a day jogging aint gonna help him get fat is it !
i will try that for awhile and see how i get on;)

#26 ·
i hope now that what i am trying will work for my skinny old bull terrier, to fatten him up i am trying tripe and dry food then pasta of a night time ,pluss i am gonna cut him down on going on my jogs with me as i think i maybe running all the weight off of him ! 3 miles a day jogging aint gonna help him get fat is it !
i will try that for awhile and see how i get on;)
tripes great for fattening up a dog, also theres a diet called barf diet which is really good to build them up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.