Dry Dog food whats the best out there ? ................

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by garryd, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garryd

garryd Guest

Whats the best dry dog food out there??? any thoughts?? i am feeding my dog james wellbeloved wich is good but dear to buy:(what do you feed your dog and why !?? and how much is it !?

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Mine were fed Beta puppy by there Breeders,we weaned them over to Burns Mini Bites when we brought them home,Still on Burns but the Adult Version.

They have done well on it,very little in the way of tummy upsets.

3. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

You already know mine Garry....but...
    Arden Grange at £36 and Royal Canin which I get at £26 ish
    Every food suits a dog better than another.....its all down to what the dog looks good on and prefers.....
    I have had Purina Large Breed and thats a good one too - my adult DDB male just got bored of it LOL Like he does with every food - so I swap between a few to keep him eating :)

4. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

i gave my puppies beta puppy and give my adult dogs burns.:)

5. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Well I feed mine on Royal Canin Meduim breed and they are in super condition. I have tried other food but not had such good results Burns being one of them. What suits some might not suit others.:)

6. claire

claire Guest

we give cassie nutro choice large breed puppy food nver had a problem with it either it was recommened to us by a friend. cassie doesnt even have very skinky trumps! my mums previous labrador had tinned meat and really really stunk!

7. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Burns is an excellent complete food, very pure, but some dogs struggle to keep weight on with it, which is ideal for my working dogs, but can be a problem with dogs required to carry a bit more weight.

8. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I feed mine Beta from the time I had her and it seems to do her good have had no probs with it .

9. carol

carol PetForums VIP

when i got sprinkle the breeder had him on beta, i soon changed that the smell that used to come out of him im sure it used to peel the wall paper off the walls .

10. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I've aways wondered what the smell was , I just blamed it on the kids hehe
    No only joking I haven't had a prob with her , but then different foods do different things Its trial and error what you find suits

11. carol

carol PetForums VIP

lol i used to say was my hubby :) :)

12. jan-c

jan-c Guest

I feed Arden Grange Salmon and Rice.
    Bought in Breeder bags 15k = £24.95

Ingredients

Fresh Salmon (min 26%), Whole Grain Rice (min 26%), Whole Grain Maize, Chicken Fat*, Chicken Meal*, Beet Pulp, Dried Brewers Yeast, Egg Powder, Fish Meal*, Linseed, Fish Oil*, Minerals, Vitamins, Nucleotides, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Cranberry Extract, Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate, MSM, Yucca Extract. * Preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

Typical Analysis

Protein 25%, Oil 15%, Fibre 2.5%, Ash 7%, Moisture 8%, Omega6 3.89%, Omega3 0.95%, Vitamin A 20000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1500 IU/kg, Vitamin E 135 IU/kg, Calcium 1.2%, Phosphorous P 0.75%, Copper 20 mg/kg (as Cupric Sulphate).

13. garryd

garryd Guest

my dogs hate that salmon type food !:eek:

14. Dawny

Dawny PetForums Member

James Wellbeloved is my dog's food of choice. I don't find it expensive though, not compared to foods like Eukanuba!

15. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

We feed our puppy on Royal Canin Baby dog - Ultra sensible as this is what the breeder used. It costs us £35 for a 15kg bag but it gives the puppy everything it needs.

Bye for now

16. growler1961

growler1961 PetForums Junior

we use purina pro plan puppy for weaning & mum has this while feeding
    we have tried them all !!
    this one is our preferred choice
    dr johns dry complete is another food that suits our dogs, when a special diet is not required
    but we are considering changing to a natural diet meat bone & vegetable?
    as this is some thing we have not tried ,does any body else feed this ??

17. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee PetForums Member

We feed Eukanuba to the pup's. The adults are on Chudleys working crunch.
    They all wolf it down so it must taste good ;). Seems to suit all 5 of our adult dogs really well too which other brands have'nt.

Ang

18. BredaKim

BredaKim PetForums Member

Well I must have the weirdest dog...I feed Meg on beta, but she gets really fed up after about three months and will only eat tinned pedigree chum. I have to swap about once every three months. :confused: It's the only way I can keep her eating or she jut turns her nose up...refuses...gives me a disgusted look and walks of in a huff!! I know then it's time for a change!
    Banjo has Hills Science from the vet...he seems to enjoy it...but will nibble at Meg's if she leaves any :cool: <sigh>

Breda

19. Magik

Magik Guest

I feed my dog Science Plan!

20. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

I have just changed our feed from Bakers (I know - hangs head in shame) to James Wellbeloved but I'm finding it too expensive for 5 dogs. My cousin has just told me about a food called Nutrience that I might try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.