Dry Dog food whats the best out there ? ................

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by garryd, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garryd

garryd Guest

Whats the best dry dog food out there??? any thoughts?? i am feeding my dog james wellbeloved wich is good but dear to buy:(what do you feed your dog and why !?? and how much is it !?

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Mine were fed Beta puppy by there Breeders,we weaned them over to Burns Mini Bites when we brought them home,Still on Burns but the Adult Version.

They have done well on it,very little in the way of tummy upsets.

3. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

You already know mine Garry....but...
    Arden Grange at £36 and Royal Canin which I get at £26 ish
    Every food suits a dog better than another.....its all down to what the dog looks good on and prefers.....
    I have had Purina Large Breed and thats a good one too - my adult DDB male just got bored of it LOL Like he does with every food - so I swap between a few to keep him eating :)

4. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

i gave my puppies beta puppy and give my adult dogs burns.:)

5. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Well I feed mine on Royal Canin Meduim breed and they are in super condition. I have tried other food but not had such good results Burns being one of them. What suits some might not suit others.:)

6. claire

claire Guest

we give cassie nutro choice large breed puppy food nver had a problem with it either it was recommened to us by a friend. cassie doesnt even have very skinky trumps! my mums previous labrador had tinned meat and really really stunk!

7. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Burns is an excellent complete food, very pure, but some dogs struggle to keep weight on with it, which is ideal for my working dogs, but can be a problem with dogs required to carry a bit more weight.

8. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I feed mine Beta from the time I had her and it seems to do her good have had no probs with it .

9. carol

carol PetForums VIP

when i got sprinkle the breeder had him on beta, i soon changed that the smell that used to come out of him im sure it used to peel the wall paper off the walls .

10. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I've aways wondered what the smell was , I just blamed it on the kids hehe
    No only joking I haven't had a prob with her , but then different foods do different things Its trial and error what you find suits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.