Dog walking

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Megan_chambersxox, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Megan_chambersxox

Megan_chambersxox PetForums Newbie

Hi I'm 15 years old and looking for a job to earn abit of money was looking for a job in the holidays and on the weekend I can maybe also walk him or her during the week to. I've had animals all my life including dogs so I know quite a lot about them.

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Unfortunately nobody is likely to employ you to walk their dogs as it is unlikely that any insurance company will provide you with the insurance advisable for this role ie PLI, Care control and custody etc.

In addition you cannot drive to the vet in the event of an emergency, nor is it likely that you have sufficient skills, knowledge, ability, training and experience for this role.

FeelTheBern likes this.
  3. Ashtonspets

Ashtonspets PetForums Newbie

Try indeed! Their might be a company you can apply to work for :)
    Well done for trying to earn some money! Good on you :)

4. FeelTheBern

FeelTheBern Definitely not a crook

No trustworthy dog-walking firm would employ a 15 year old. As the poster above you mentioned, to become a paid dog walker you have to be insured and have access to a vehicle in the case of an emergency. Perhaps the OP should just stick to walking her neighbors' dogs for spare change until she is old enough to work for a company.