Comforting words to those that mourn

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by GillyR, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Ladysky

Ladysky PetForums Newbie

Beautiful words. I lost my Lady nearly 8 months ago. I kiss her picture every day and hold het collar and lead to my face. How l miss her.

2. kateh8888

kateh8888 PetForums VIP

Beautiful words. x

3. xpch

xpch PetForums Newbie

This is so beautiful! I'm new here & also quite computer illerate, so please bear with me. I posted some of this in the introduction section.
    A week ago (Monday, 6/24/13) our 17 y.o. dachshund, Elvis Preciously, was put down at our veterinarians. He hadn't eaten in a week & had refused water for 2 days & we knew he was telling us it was time to go.
    Our 12 year old dachshund, Teeka, grieved with us. Or so we thought, until Wednesday evening, when she refused food or treats.
    Sadly, Friday, after veterinarian started exploratory surgery, it was discovered her gall bladder had twisted & was the about the size of a baseball. Along with her spleen showing pre-cancer, a massive infection was in her intestines. She didn't wake up from surgery & 4 days after putting our little guy to rest, we laid her down beside him.
    I knew it was going to happen with him, but was totally blindsided by her death. I told her I'd see her that evening, little realizing I'd said my last goodbye.
    How does a heart heal from this kind of grief? Sharron (xpch)

4. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Oh, how heartbreaking, so sorry for your losses,

5. Ghost465

Ghost465 PetForums Junior

Really made me tear, I'm really sorry to all those who lost a pet or a person, if I ever lose a pet, I'm gonna defiantly keep reading this poem..

6. Pouchie

Pouchie PetForums Newbie

Thank you - this made me cry but made me remember. Better to have loved and lost!! Sweet dreams Sandy - Always in my heart xxxxx PS For those who have recently lost it does get easier in time, you never forget but you smile again.

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      221.7 KB
      Views:
  7. caireen

caireen PetForums Newbie

Thank you for this. I lost my much loved cat Jasper on Monday and have cried so much. Your poem has made me smile.

8. Lilmiss

Lilmiss PetForums Newbie

Thank you for this poem. I miss my boy so much. 12 years of privilege sharing my life with such a good friend. I miss my Ben dog so much. He was my best friend and partner through the toughest times. If only I could have one more moment with him. RIP old boy

9. seasidesunshine

seasidesunshine PetForums Junior

Thank you for that. My darling boy Jerome was gone too soon but I trust that he is with me as I move forward positively, and that one day we will be re-united.

My sincere condolences to anyone who is going through this - it's terribly sad, but the grief is a small price to pay for the love that you have shared xx

10. RowdyRabbit

RowdyRabbit Pet keeper, pet fanatic & all round pet lover

That was beautiful. I know how hard it is to lose a pet - they're part of your family and your life. And when they're gone, it's like there's a gap that can almost never be filled.
    I recently lost my Chinese hamster, Cheeks (I will attach an image of her). The day she died was one of the saddest and worst days of my entire life. Some people may say that, "It's just a little hamster!" and to them I say that they do not value life and the company and joy a pet can bring to you.
    To anyone out there who has recently lost a pet, I am so sorry. Stay strong - it's what your pet would want you to do.

Attached Files:

#70 RowdyRabbit, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  11. Rott lover

Rott lover once you go black and tan you never come back

I stood by your bed
    from the other side

I laid in bed last night missing my friend.I laid there crying and I couldn’t sleep.
    I swore my friend was right there
    I ate my breakfast slow and quiet and I poured my tea.I reached down to pet my friend right where he should be
    I went to the shops in hopes to clear my mind.my arms were sore and reminded me of my friend.
    I went to my friends grave of which I always will take great care
    Wishing my friend was with me not down there.
    I walked to the house fumbling for my keys and even that made me wish my friend was with me
    I was so very tired and slumped in my chair remembering all the times my friend was right there
    wishing and hoping my friend never went away
    I just sat in that chair in the quiet and stillness of the evening
    I had to smile I could feel you near me
    I am sure you have so many things to show and to tell me
    when my journey ends ours will begin again

12. Trish Mullen

Trish Mullen PetForums Newbie

This is just the sweetest thing ever and my heart is heavy reading it thinking of all my so loved pets that have passed on. Thank you for posting

13. Shirleyp01

Shirleyp01 PetForums Newbie

I am writing this through blurred eyes.
    It is so heart breaking when we lose someone be it a family member or a beloved pet.
    The last couple of years have been very bad for us we have lost two family members and our two gorgeous girls Sammy and Abbie.
    I think of them all each day it does not hurt so much now but it is still difficult.

14. JennaDee

JennaDee PetForums Newbie

My 4 yr old cat Romeo died suddenly yesterday morning. This is beautiful,made me sob but find comfort in those words. X

15. Jenny196

Jenny196 PetForums Newbie

16. Jenny196

Jenny196 PetForums Newbie

I lost my beautiful Russian Blue Anouska last year, I'm still sad about it. I just read your beautiful words and although they made me cry, I loved reading them. Thank you.

17. flockmom

flockmom PetForums Newbie

18. flockmom

flockmom PetForums Newbie

B

Just lost my bird before Tgiving and cry every day since. His mate died on mother's day and their son is still with me
    Touching words are so special.

19. Tommy T

Tommy T PetForums Newbie

20. Tommy T

Tommy T PetForums Newbie

Two days ago I lost Buster the Yorkshire Terrier.He was my best mate and i am totally devestated.Cant see any worthwhile future now.I loved him so much