Comforting words to those that mourn

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by GillyR, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Elizabeth Manat

Elizabeth Manat PetForums Newbie

Oh wow, truly beautiful poem. Brought tears to my eyes, thinking of my dearly departed best friend. Thank you so much for sharing.

2. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Both beautiful and heartwrenching.

And here I sit with the family, watching X Factor - how can I possibly explain why I am sitting with tears in my eyes?

Thank you, it's lovely, and I am sure it will be a comfort to many,many people.

3. MrsLen

MrsLen PetForums Junior

I love this poem so much - even though it breaks my heart every time I read it.

4. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Very heartbreaking poem am crying buckets full after losing my 2yr old shepherd to severe hip dysplasia only 9 days ago , so very beautiful poem , have today recieved poem and certificate off my princess cremation will add the words on a new thread it called "if it should be " i didnt get thru the first two lines without my heartbreaking but it all so very raw and i desperately want my little princess back here with me were she belongs

5. lola57

lola57 PetForums Junior

we lost our beloved lurcher Finnbar yesterday,run free &painless sweet boy,he passed snuggled up to his mummy,his little velvet head tucked tightly under ny chin r.i.p dark prince xxxxxx

6. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Surely watching X-factor is enough to make anyone cry?

7. Giraffe76

Giraffe76 PetForums Member

We only lost our husky german shepard yesterday evening and they were so kind words.

8. Ladysky

Ladysky PetForums Newbie

Beautiful poem. Heartbroken after losing our 8 year old 'Lady'. She was just amazing and brave to the end. She passed away 4 days ago. I'm devastated.

9. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Still brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.....

10. casper1966

casper1966 PetForums Newbie

My eyes are full of tears, such a lovely poem x

11. Cromford

Cromford PetForums Senior

Six months to the day since I buried my best friend that has moved me to tears.

12. Latchford

Latchford PetForums Newbie

How sad

My 9 year old boxer has just been diagnosed with cancer and given 4 months to live, I'm not giving up yet

13. ziggyjrt

ziggyjrt PetForums VIP

How very moving.. i haven't stopped crying since Tessa was pts last thursday, i would love to think that she is here with me, i miss her so much.

14. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

Why do we do it?

Why do we let them into our lives in the full and certain knowledge that the chances are we will have to part company after a fairly short time, be it 5 years or 15, and when it comes it will tear us apart?

I dont know.....

[​IMG]

15. ziggyjrt

ziggyjrt PetForums VIP

I have had many dogs and cats over the past 35yrs, and i ask myself that question many times. I have taken on many that have had challenging medical conditions, and most of my pets have lived to grand old ages but losing them whether it be from old age or illness it is alway hard to bear and the loss is profound.

Over the last 4yrs i have lost 2 cats brother & sister at 6ys old Perry had acute kidney failure and passed away Aug 09, his blind sister who had an auto immune illness died in the October same year,after a stroke.

In May 2011 Lucy our beautiful lurcher was pts at a grand old age of 15yrs 4months.

Its been really hard as We lost Sooty a poodle cross at at 15yrs 6mths in on sept 20th 2012. We were not prepared for the bombshell that hit us shortly after losing Sooty, Our JRT Tessa was diagnosed with PKD renal failure cushings and Transient cell carcinoma (bladder cancer). Tess was pts as her condition was untreatable.At just 9yrs she passed away 9th May 2013 just over 7th months after Sooty.

Still trying to come to terms with losing Tessa,its is really hard she had a huge but loving personality and i am lost without her.
    Still have Ziggy but he will be our last dog don't think i could go through the heartache again. We still have 9 cats of varing ages i hope we don't have to face losing any of them just yet..

16. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

That really brought a lump to my throat and immediately made me think of our beautiful cat put to sleep six weeks ago, I'm looking at his photo now and so wishing he was here with us. Not to mention all the others that have gone before. A very beautiful and comforting poem.

17. teesa

teesa PetForums Newbie

l have made a montage of photos of each dog lve had in 42 years and now have to add 1 more photo. lve entitled the frame ' Rainbow Bridge'. Now l can see all of them in one look and remember each character and personailty and smile.

18. Littlebrooklyn

Littlebrooklyn PetForums Newbie

That is a very beautiful poem. We lost our chocolate labrador Mishka just last Friday, she was nearly 14. The pain is unbearable, I feel like I have lost a close family member. I never imagined it could be so painful. We have buried her in the garden so that she is close by, but right now nothing helps to ease this awful pain :crying:

19. Tropical Fish Delivered

Tropical Fish Delivered PetForums Junior

20. xpch

xpch PetForums Newbie

How beautiful. I lost my 17 year old dachshund yesterday.